Back on the wagon...day one

Options
I'm posting this from my bed with a cup of sleepy tea :D

After losing over 17lb (lost about 7lb before I started this) I've now gained back 12lb as i found out this morning when i got on the scales and they screamed for me to get off! Soooo back on it. But properly! Have said for the past month or two "i will start...tomorrow!!!" and not.

I did start today. In my cals and a trip to the gym. Only did an hour...but that's an hour more than i was doing before.

Tomorrow shall start with a bike ride...in my front room!! :D

This week i am aiming for an hour of exercise for 4 days. If i do more, yey. Once i get the habit of exercise i shall concentrate more on food since I'm not overly awful. Just like wine and have a toast/muffin/crumpet/savoury snack obsession. Especially with lots of butter and Marmite. Or cheese. In large quantities!

Replies

• kristenonly
    kristenonly Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I understand. I'm back on day one again too. I gained 9 lbs back and several inches. :-(
    Don't worry about these set backs. We learn and do better!
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! About 3 months ago I got back on it and was doing pretty good lost 6lbs. Then something happened and I just stopped. I tried to eat healthy but once I get home from work I loose it and just start snacking while I cook. Next thing you know I put back on the 6lbs and then 3 more lbs. I too keep saying I will start tomorrow. Just like last night. And here I am I ate 4 fun size candies, and will try and resist once I get home but who knows. But I too need to get back on the wagon. Tomorrow is a new day! You got this! Don't let the set backs get to you. :flowerforyou:
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    If you figure out a plan that is not overly restrictive and doesn't make you feel deprived and resentful, you will be more likely to sustain it over the long haul. Avoid any plan that leaves you miserable and hungry. That cannot last very long.
  • bunnypanther
    Options
    I wasn't particularly miserable or hungry, just deteriorated...from not exercising to no longer weighing food...so portion control went a bit awol! A lot awol!

Had 10 mins on the bike this morning. Its a road bike and a long time since I cycled so feels a bit weird, position wise. And the seat appears to have been made out of a brick!!

So day two has started well anyway...just need to keep it up! :D