Bathroom Regulations--Just for laughs

Options
Behavior_Modification
Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
Too funny!~I had to share this. The following text is an email from my boss. REALLY? REALLY?

Hi all-

We are experiencing a series of issues with the women's restroom on the 3rd floor of the 200 Building. Please review the "tips" below and apply them "every time" you use the restroom. Remember this is a shared restroom and we are all accountable for keeping it clean.

I contacted building management and they added an additional time for the cleaning staff to service the restroom. The staff will service the restroom at 10:30am and 2:45pm. This should help to address the supply shortage issues experienced in the afternoon.

Toilet Paper: Unlike men, women cannot use a bathroom without making use of toilet paper. If a woman walks into a public bathroom and notices that one stall is out of toilet paper, she should warn any other women before they attempt to use it. If this is not possible, then pass some toilet paper under the stall for her to use. Also, when replacing a toilet paper roll, it is much better to put it so the loose end is facing out, not against the wall.

Picking a Stall: A woman should never just push the door of a stall to see if it is occupied. Always do a visual check for feet. Pushing on a door, even lightly, could cause great embarrassment if there is someone already in the stall but the lock is faulty.

Cleaning Up: Women may often find that when they have finished using the toilet some liquid remains on the toilet seat. Always wipe this away before flushing. It is unsanitary to leave this waste on the seat and very unpleasant if the next user forgets to check before sitting down. Cleaning up also extends to making sure sanitary napkins are secure in receptacles. Additionally, if a woman brushes her hair in the bathroom, she should clean up any stray hairs instead of letting them sit in the sink. After washing your hands, please wipe excess water off the counters.

Flushing: It is always important to flush the toilet. Saving water by letting nonsolid waste stay in the toilet is a personal decision that some choose to make, but in a public setting, you should always flush after use. Flushing more than once may be necessary; always check before leaving a stall that you have flushed enough to remove all waste.

Help Others: If a woman is in a bathroom and sees another woman with toilet paper stuck to her shoe, or whose skirt is awry, she should always alert the second woman to the issue. This will save her considerable embarrassment as she exits the restroom.

Hand washing - Wash your hands after using the bathroom!

Chit-Chat: Bathrooms are not office space. Do not hang there. Do not wait for your coworker to finish. Go somewhere nice, and leave users in peace. (Likewise, if you recognize the shoes of the person in the next stall, lose the cross-stall chit-chat.)

If you have any questions/concerns or want to add to the rule list, please let me know.

Thanks-

Replies

• VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I am utterly speechless....:noway: :noway:
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I thought it was funny, but after working in offices for years, I dont think its original intent was chuckles!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    bahaha...thanks for the afternoon laugh
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Lol! Thanks for the laugh. I found it entertaining but I also began to question what had prompted the memo in the first place.... yikes !
  • fatBgone80
    Options
    lmao. I am so printing this & putting it on my office's bathroom door. Lol
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I can relate to those issues but I don't think I would ever put those in an email. One more reason I am glad I no longer supervise employees and work from home when I am in town. :tongue:
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Nice. I like some of the explanations.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Not helpful unless it covers male urinal etiquette!
  • Phoenyxlove
    Phoenyxlove Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    No freakin way!!! You and your co workers must have died reading this. Is your boss male or female? I'm thinking male hahaha
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Well obviously people weren't following that etiquette, so there was a need for that email! :laugh:

Kind of like road signs that say "Do not drive on the median." Really? I can't drive on the grassy median? Well someone must have in order for them to put up a sign! :laugh:
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    GREATNESS! I too am speechless!!! I gotta say I totally agree with the wiping the pee off the seat part though. That is a HUGE pet peeve pf mine!!!! :sick:
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    The thing is, they all look rediculous but after years in this situation I assure you

ITS NO JOKE!
  • bigshafe4u2u
    Options
    Wow. I mean. Wow.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Forgot the "please do not talk on your cell phone in the stall" item :noway: :laugh:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    That's not an uncommon office email. We see it at our office. I get the uncensored version in our health and safety meetings that the rest of the staff doesn't get which is both funny and gross. Women can be so gross especially when they are cranky during TOTM so they punish the rest of us by leaving us a little ‘gift’ to see. Sometimes it needs to be written out like a child can understand it in order to remove the problem.

I wish we could tell the staff about “courtesy flushes” in my office but that’s more a preference than courtesy. If you are going to make a disgusting noise, flush first to save everyone the embarrassment or if you can't do that, at least flush when you let it drop to decrease the lingering nastiness.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    GREATNESS! I too am speechless!!! I gotta say I totally agree with the wiping the pee off the seat part though. That is a HUGE pet peeve pf mine!!!! :sick:

"If you sprinkle when you tinkle please be neat and wipe the seat" ;)

We haven’t put that sign up in the bathroom at my office yet but I believe the suggestion went out but not so poetically in e-mail format.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    Seriously?!? You work in a medical building - most of this "should" not have been necessary! Having said that, I ALWAYS wipe the seat before I sit down!! :noway: :sick:
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    and I just get crazy emails from another country... that need some interpretation (ok a lot) :laugh: :laugh:
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Stuff like this gets written because people are actually doing these things!!!! Or failing to do them.....EWWW!