Breakfast ideas ?

Options
I am fed up with eggs, grilled mushrooms and tomatoes type breakfasts, cereals I like have too much sugar, any ideas for 300 cals or less please .

Replies

• lx3tx
    lx3tx Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I like the Jimmy Dean turkey sausage bowls! Quick, easy, and about 240 calories.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    can't do 300 cals myself. Usually my breakfast is about 400 cals. Anyways, I like to cook up sausage with onion and lots of power greens and then eat that with oatmeal or some other hot grains. I also eat cereal a lot, I like the "ancient grains" brand which is pretty low sugar (I buy at Trader Joe's). I usually add whole milk, some coconut chips, chia seeds, and fresh blueberries. It would be under 300 with fewer of these add-ins, but I like the healthy fats.
  • tikka29
    tikka29 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Am in uk so not heard of those things, but will check out other cereals , to add fruit too x
  • annemariebeary
    annemariebeary Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I make "overnight oats" 1/2c old fashioned oats, 1/2c almond milk and let sit overnight in the fridge. In the morning I add 1/2c blueberries, about 1/8c of sugar free syrup and 1 tsp of PB2 and it equals about 230 calories. I eat that around 8am and around 10am I have an 80 calorie Greek yogurt. That seems to always hold me until a 1230-1pm lunchtime :) The almond milk is the unsweetened vanilla type. Sometimes I add a bit more than 1/2c of milk since I like my oats a little watery. And yes, you eat it cold.
  • ericah971
    ericah971 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bacon, sweet potato, and kale... sauteed in olive oil with onion and black pepper. I like it when I get tired of my eggs scrambled with Pico do gallo, green pepper and broccoli.
  • tikka29
    tikka29 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas x
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I love the alpen porridge pots - The fruit & nut ones are the best 240 calories.

Omelettes

Peanut butter on brown bread

Fruit with greek yoghurt

Smoothies

Special K / Weetabix / Shreddies are low for cereals
  • gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    it may sound "gross" to many- but I like it. I make a sandwich! All natural/nitrate free turkey, ham or chicken, slice of all natural cheese, a healthy whole wheat/whole grain slice(or 2) of bread, and lots of spicy brown mustard. Pair that with a bit of fruit and you have a very balanced and filling breakfast!