Suggestions for a heart rate monitor/calorie counter

Options
Hello All ...

I am still fairly new here at MFP .... been doing this since Jan. 6th. I LOVE MFP because it helps keep track of your food intake, water drank, and the exercise/burn that you do. Currently, I am training for a Susan G. Komen 5K in May and with my jogging at night, I'd really like to know the calorie burn in conjunction with my heart rate. Does anyone have a suggestion for a FEMALE heart rate monitor (they're on the smaller side -- and even though I have 65 lbs I want to lose, my wrists are pretty small)?? I'd appreciate your feedback.

Thanks so much!! Hope everything is working out for you ......

Replies

• skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago I got a womens Polar FT4. I like it very much. Ordered it from REI, it was about $95.00 with shipping. Turns out the exercise equipment and MFP settings were over calculating my calories burned by quite a lot.
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    costco body media 149.99 you put it on your arm. I love mine, same kind biggest loser people wear.
  • lisapisa1
    lisapisa1 Posts: 115
    Options
    When I was looking I did searches on the threads and the Polar FT4 was highly recommended. I went out and bought it and am IN LOVE with it. The FT 4 comes in a style for men and one for women. Different colors but I believe they are the same size. The wrist strap will definitely fit you as it has a setting probably 20 different holes in the band. If your concern is how big it will actually look on your wrist then I'm guessing the only small ones you find won't actually be quality HRM since they will be more focused on looks. I have decently small wrists and thought the FT4 was big at first but now I'm totally use to it and wear it as a watch every day.
  • bsoxluvr
    bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I started using the Polar FT4 about 2 weeks ago and I LOVE it! It totally motivates me since I know what I'm burning now. I got mine on eBay for $65 brand new.
  • DanaM810
    DanaM810 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have the bodybugg from the biggest loser. I would suggest it so far. Nice to have an accurate count of calories burned.
  • tmgaytan
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I love The Biggest Loser show and have watched every season! It's neat how they started this season at the beginning of the year ... did they do that on purpose to go in conjunction with people's plans to get in shape (a.k.a. New Year's Resolutions <--- BTW, I do not do resolutions, I set goals. Seriously)??

I'd like to get the Body Bug that the contestants use because it can go under my sweatshirt sleeves, etc and won't look so bulky, as with wearing a watch does.

Thanks again!! :)
  • lisapisa1
    Options
    Make sure you research the cost of the website that goes along with the BodyBugg. Make sure you can use the system without paying for the website if you don't want to incur the additional cost.