One week in...

Options
So I'm one week in on MFP and thought I would share a few things I have noticed. First tracking the calories has opened my eyes up to how much I was over eating and the bad choices I was making. The first couple days I had to try hard to keep under my calories but the last 2 days I have been having to find ways to add calories to make my goal, Seems like my body is adjusting well.
Second My body seems to be void of all the aches and pains I would normally have and Im sleeping better,

I know its only been a week but I feel great and hope to continue with this and enjoy the benefits.

I hope other newbies are having a good go with this journey.....Cheers.

Replies

• austinsneeze
    austinsneeze Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep tracking and good luck :)
  • Lelah77
    Lelah77 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! I love this!!! Great job sticking it out and making it work for you!!! Its not an easy task to change your lifestyle and I think people often don't allow the time it needs to make it all work and begin to make sense. Keep making smart, sensible changes and you will continue to see results - even Non-Scale ones - that will make it pay off in the end. One day, one change at a time.

Congrats to you and keep up the good work!
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    High 5!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Eating in moderation, consuming better quality food, exercising and losing excess weight. How was I supposed to know it would make me feel great, healthy and drop my cholesterol fifty points. Keep up the good work, its well worth the effort and the lifestyle change.
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comments my friends, Rainy day here so I will have to hit the treadmill for my cardio.
  • terrillscott
    terrillscott Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It's humbling to think how we thought we were eating "okay" enough. tracking is really important at the beginning especially as we change the mindset as well as the food habits. Bravo, you!!! Vow always to be honest with yourself about food portions and content from here on in, you got this :)
  • mearsy88
    mearsy88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congrats with sticking to it! Im on my 3rd week of real trying, and it feels so good, I think my body is feeling better. It is surprising to see how many calories you would eat before. Even if I thought I was being good, the amount of calories I was consuming was way too much! I eat 1740 calories a day and lost 24lbs! Keep going!!
  • WingManGT
    Options
    I see what you mean by trying to meet the calorie intake for the day. I haven't tracked my calories at all till the last week when I made an account here. After stripping my meals out of junk (I still allow myself some threats here an there), getting to the recommended minimum feels odd.

I wish you best of luck and keep up the good work :). Big changes start with small steps, the journey is long, but the destination is well worth it.
  • Journey0912
    Journey0912 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello redfisher, and welcome! I am fairly new to MFP as well. I joined a little over 2 weeks ago. I totally agree with you on the MFP tracking system. It has made me so much more aware of what I'm eating, how much a serving size "really" is, and it's helping me make better (educated) choices overall. I seem to be having a bit of trouble staying at or under my carbs and sugar numbers. I tend to be heavy on the fruits and even just those 2 teaspoons of maple syrup in my oatmeal or cream of wheat are really causing these two numbers to skyrocket. I'm going to have to make some adjustments in these areas, no doubt, and the sooner the better.

I need to get busy setting some goals and mapping out a plan to reach them. You seem to be heading in the right direction! Mind if I hang on to your coat tails? Ha! Ha! Good luck to you in reaching your health and fitness goals! This is a great place for help, friends, and support. :smile:
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    So I'm one week in on MFP and thought I would share a few things I have noticed. First tracking the calories has opened my eyes up to how much I was over eating and the bad choices I was making. The first couple days I had to try hard to keep under my calories but the last 2 days I have been having to find ways to add calories to make my goal, Seems like my body is adjusting well.
    Second My body seems to be void of all the aches and pains I would normally have and Im sleeping better,

I know its only been a week but I feel great and hope to continue with this and enjoy the benefits.

I hope other newbies are having a good go with this journey.....Cheers.

Knowledge is power, borther. Sounds like youre on the right track. Had the same experience. Whe i bought the food scale and realized how badly I'd overestimated portions before, I almost sharted myself.

Then I learned, and moved on.

Good stuff, keep it up

Fsunami
  • justush5
    Options
    Congrats on your success. Hope to be as successful as you have been. I'm not going to lie though, trying to fit myself into my life is really hard most of the time.
  • Stressedby8
    Stressedby8 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on sticking with it ! Getting started can be the toughest hurdle, but once you get into a new routine it gets a little easier.

The toughest thing for me is to continually track. However, when I do, I see the best results!

Reading all these posts sure helps!