TRUVIA

Options
Just wanted to share with you all that Truvia is awesome! Its a natural sugar substitute and its ZERO CALORIES! And its way sweeter than regular sugar so you only need to use like half of what you normally would. I packet of truvia is equivalent to two packets of any other sweetener. I promise you...if you try it, you won't turn back! I put it on all my fresh fruit and I'm about to try to make some sort of cookies with it to cut cals. ENJOY!

Replies

• tamr818
    tamr818 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use Splenda but have considered using Truvia.. I'll have to give it a try! Thanks.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I don't like Truvia.. it's way to sweet for my liking... I use Splenda in everything.
  • LizardIsANerd
    Options
    the commercial jingle gets stuck in my head though!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    HECK YEAH! I love Truvia. I don't sweeten much but when I do it's all I use.
  • Kristyb1010
    Options
    Do either of these have aspertame?
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I like Stevia drops, but I think they're from the same plant.
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I am so hooked on equal it's sad :(. I did try Truvia for about 30 days and it seemed to require twice as much to sweeten my food that equal. Maybe I''ll try it again by cooking with it.
  • rhernandez
    rhernandez Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Truvia is also healthier for you than the other sweetners.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    mmmm soo good on grapefruit!
  • cfouche
    cfouche Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya sister! Truvia rocks!
  • csc101769
    Options
    How expensive is it? The only thing I really use sugar for is my ice tea so I guess the cost really wouldn't matter considering it would be Much better than sugar :)
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    How expensive is it? The only thing I really use sugar for is my ice tea so I guess the cost really wouldn't matter considering it would be Much better than sugar :)

I got a big box for like $3.50 @ Walgreens... I still have about 90% of that box
  • brittanymonster
    Options
    Truvia, which is a brand name for stevia, is just fine, just be careful not to over-indulge:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/99571-dangers-stevia-raw/
  • nicolel18
    Options
    No. Truvia has no aspertame. It is derived naturally from a plant so its better for you than Splenda, Equal or Sweet n low.
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Please be aware that Truvia is an altered version of stevia marketed by industry giant Cargill. It is heavily processed and packaged with fillers -- not "natural" or even close.
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to find Stevia...am actually going by Walgreen's on my way home to get my drugs filled!!! THANKS!!!
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Truvia is better than the poisons in Equal and Splenda, but not as healthy as a purer Stevia. Jessieinblue is right- it is an attempt by the conventional companies to produce a product similar to Stevia in which they can label 'natural', but it's probably only a small percentage of Stevia and the rest unnatural fillers. I prefer Sweetleaf Stevia... LOVE the drops!
  • zbstngrl
    zbstngrl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I use and like Stevia... but if you don't have it available in your local store I guess Truvia or Splenda will be better than other artificial sweeteners. As long as you make better dietary choice you are moving forward to a better health.