Designer Whey

Options
I did some research on protein powders and decided to try Designer Whey. I have tried Syntrax Nectar and Optimum Nutirition and I have to say I didn't like ON very much. I like Syntrax Nectar because of the taste and I could mix it with water but I didn't feel it was giving me much protein.

I searched the forums for Deisgner Whey but am still unsure if I should try it. Does anybody have any experience with Designer Whey or any recommendations on a protein powder that could be used as a post workout snack?

Thanks for any suggestions and feedback y'all give me :)

Replies

• ColossusCain
    ColossusCain Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    it's okay at best. I can Safely say Pro Jym is the only protein out there that has no proprietary blends and tells you exactly how much of each protein is in it's blend. It's over at Bodybuilding.com, check it out.
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Micellar Casein, Milk Protein Isolate, Egg Albumen), Nondairy Creamer (Sunflower Oil, Corn Syrup Solids, Sodium Caseinate, Mono- And Diglycerides, Dipotassium Phosphate, Tricalcium Phosphate, Soy Lecithin, Tocopherols), Cocoa Powder (Dutch Process), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Chocolate Cookie Bits (Rice Flour, Sugar, Tapioca Starch, Cocoa Processed with Alkali, Palm Oil, Corn Starch, Salt, Natural Flavors, Sodium Bicarbonate, Soy Lecithin), Guar Gum, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Lecithin, Silicon Dioxide......Pro-Jym
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Not telling you what to do or how to do it but just eat some chicken ! get the whole food! i'm trying to pull back on the amount of protein shakes I drink cause Im having weird digestive issues
  • HarleyQuinn26
    HarleyQuinn26 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys :)

I really need a protein powder because I get little protein in my diet. I try upping it in the foods I eat but its never to where it should be.

I plan to make some chicken later this week though.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I use Jarrow Whey, unflavored. In either water or skim milk, depending. I typically mix it with Garden of Life Raw Fiber in a 2:1 whey to fiber blend. Not getting a lot of additional ingredients this way. Pointer: thoroughly mix the two powders while still dry if you're using a blend; otherwise it clumps. If using the fiber, drink it quick, otherwise it gels up and gets unpleasant.
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I've been a frequent user of Designer Whey, but wanted to try something different this time, so i bought a tub of Dymatize Elite Whey (rich chocolate flavor), and it tastes alot better than the Designer Whey, and costs the same! Looks like i'll be taking this for a while now.......
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I bought the vanilla flavor...and I've made one shake. Honestly the taste makes me gag! Maybe its just me, but I can't stand the stuff.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I've only used 2 kinds of protein powder beyond just a sampling - EAS Lean 15 and Designer Whey. Both I picked up because they were cheap and convenient (trader joe's carries designer whey, EAS is at target). I'm currently working through my EAS and can't wait until it's done so I can get back to the designer whey - I find DW much smoother than EAS. I do a big old smoothie with greek yogurt and fruit, so it's not the same as mixing it with water. Not sure how I'd like it just mixed with water.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I use Eidopro Unflavored Whey Protein. I like it because it has no flavor. I can put it in a fruit smoothie without the taste being destroyed by artificial flavors and sugars. I get mine from Amazon.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I thought they were pretty good.. But I have them because they are gluten free and my wife has to be gluten free.
  • cummingscb
    Options
    I used Designer Whey (the chocolate one) for about a year. I did lose 60 lbs during that time. I had one for breakfast (with other food) and one at night after a workout. I have since switched, with all of the articles I was reading about the high content of metals in protein powders, and Designer Whey was one of the powders in those studies I read. Now I use Central Market's organic chocolate whey powder. It mixes and tastes similarly to the Designer Whey, but it has less in it for me to worry about. For the price, I felt like Designer Whey worked well for me. I pay a little more now for the Organic Central Market stuff. I am lactose sensitive so I mix with water, and both the Designer Whey and the Central Market powders both tasted good to me, even just with water.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Well designer whey has some very yummy flavors, is inexpensive and my local grocery store sells it - all positives in my book.