Hello everyone...my name's Kara

Options
:smile:

So I found out back on July 12th that my best friend wanted me in her wedding with three gorgeous healthy people who all looked so beautiful in every bridesmaid dress tried on. I, of course, declined to try anything on and just watched everyone. I went home, made a plan, and started eating Paleo/Primal the next day. I figured I had almost a year to be able to show my arms in that 'darn' dress.

I have lost 11 pounds so far, but have been stalled at 188 pounds for about 5 weeks. I was looking for something to shake things up so I found this site and started exercising.

I'm 46 soon to be 47 have two kids (20 & 13) and a husband who likes to sleep and drink beer.

I hope to find some support friends and keep myself focused on my goal. I don't think it's possible to get down to my real goal weight of 135 (I'm 5'3"), but I have got to be better than this. :/

Replies

• GenesiaElizabeth
    GenesiaElizabeth Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me! I'm also 5'3" with a starting weight of 203lbs. You can do it!!
  • jeep2961
    jeep2961 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Dont focus on the dress or the wedding ! Focus on yourself, there will always be another woman that will look better in that dress or worse, its about feeling healthy and good in your own skin. A stall is just that, a stall, pick youself back up and continue, maybe you wont or will meet your goal by the wedding, that doesnt matter, what matters is you continue with your journey to be the person you know and feel you are inside regardless of the mirror or weight scale on any particular day. Its all about the journey, if your husband wont join you then ask your kids if they are old enough to join you for a walk after dinner or engage in some outdoor activity they like, look at all your possibilities and a way to put you in your day, sounds like you might be doing so much for others and putting yourself last on the list :)
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me if to want. I need to still shed some. I'm usually sociable to people who are sociable back :-)
  • ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    a year is longer than you think. You'll lose plenty just stay on top of it and you'll get there
  • connieelaine24
    connieelaine24 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, the pressure of looking good in a dress, I know it well. I hope sharing that day with your best friend makes you feel as beautiful as you deserve to feel. I think you'll like MFP its been helpful to me so far. Good luck on you journey.
  • smurfbaker
    smurfbaker Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I can relate to some of the things you spoke of and shared. Please feel free to add me ad we can help each other through this journey.
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    Hello Kara & Welcome to MFP!

I think the best motivation to any lifestyle change is to do it for no one else but you, yourself, and did I mention YOU?! :smile:

Forget the dress for the wedding - do this for yourself girlfriend! :flowerforyou:
  • neighborskp
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the support and the friend offers.

I will do my best to focus on me and not the dress...even though I was just sent the picture of the final choice. At least, the color is not sky blue like it was supposed to be, but royal.

So I am focusing on ME. :wink:
  • pammy359
    pammy359 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me too :) It's always good to have lots of support and encouragement. I am 54 and need to lose 20 lbs. This site is amazing, and being able to log everything you eat helps so much. I love that you can exercise and see the results on paper right away...and know you can eat something if you want. It's all about calories in vs calories out. So get out for a walk , even that helps. The more you do the more you will want to do. I started with the C25K last year,,,,and never ever thought i would be able to run 5k. But i can now and I will aim for 10 k now. You can do it, and it all starts with one step. Do it for you!!!! You are the one that counts. :)
  • fitjerseygirl
    fitjerseygirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I had to LOL when I saw this as the first topic on the forum because my name is also Kara...so you can do it from a fellow Kara!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Kara Koala?
  • Feel free to add me. Have faith in yourself and you will suorise yourself.
  • disneygirl626
    disneygirl626 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :)
  • neighborskp
    Options
    "Kara Kuala?" LOL I couldn't find a picture I was willing to post. Cute huh?

Thank you everyone. This is a very supportive place.
  • neighborskp
    Options
    Good luck. I had to LOL when I saw this as the first topic on the forum because my name is also Kara...so you can do it from a fellow Kara!

Well thank you Kara. Good luck to you!