-41 lbs! What a happy day!

Options
d0v3r13
d0v3r13 Posts: 61 Member
Hi everybody. :flowerforyou:

Today the scale has finally fallen below 200!!! You all know how exciting that can be.:drinker:
I started running in October. I ran two half marathons in April and had yet to lose a single pound, even with all the cardio. I hadn't changed my eating habits and I was very reluctant to.

In April I was invited to start a weight loss competition with my family starting on May 1st. I was very hesitant to. I have a pretty difficult relationship with my family and thought this might be a bad idea. It actually turned out to be one of the best decisions I've ever made. I was determined to do this round of dieting in a way that I could maintain after our 6 weeks were over. I didn't want to trigger anything that could hurt me, so I got MFP on my phone and started logging. I cut out a few foods that I later added back in, but even during our challenge I mostly ate what I usually did, just learned to adjust to healthy portions. I did not win the challenge, but I had something way more valuable than that anyway. So I continued on here, and at the gym.

In July, I started having several problems. I ended up unable to exercise 3 weeks out of the month. I was sick, and then injured and then sick again. I was getting frustrated. I was so close to this goal and yet every effort I made to get back on track was met with another challenge. In august I finally started seeing a dr. There are a few things going on still, no definite diagnosis yet, but we also found gallstones. so almost two weeks ago i had surgery to remove my gallbladder. That was one of the worst experiences of my life. These last few months have been incredibly difficult. I've felt tempted to give up. It seems no matter what I do, I can't get back to my exercise. However, I refuse to give up. I refuse to settle for fat and sedentary. Even if I stay sedentary, I will not be fat any more.

Weight loss has not made me feel amazing. It has not made me feel like a super hero. It reminds me that I am valuable though, and it has brought me confidence in myself. That despite the challenges I may face, I can still have a say. I've learned that being skinny, strong, healthy, sexy are good things, but not the only things. When we can't have something we want no matter how hard we are willing to work for it we learn that there are far more important things to focus on. I've learned to look to God for my strength. I've learned to look at who I am and work on the inside. I've learned to lean on others and allow them to support me. I've learned to look for opportunities to help others.

so, here it is. my transformation so far!!!
PhotoGrid_1412087785014_zps7e5ccecd.jpg

Replies

• cycov
    cycov Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Great Job!!
  • mearsy88
    mearsy88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    wow congrats on your weightloss!!! your looking fab! I cannot wait to be under the 200lb mark either!!!!
  • lillyrose2020
    lillyrose2020 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your hard work, you look amazing!
    You actually look way less than 199 to me, but then it is tricky to guess height in a picture!
  • jodybo2
    jodybo2 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    way to go! amazing progress!!!
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring for me. I've got almost 45 to go to hit Onderland. It's great to see someone that has made it there! You look amazing! Good luck reaching gw.
  • Guineagirl913
    Guineagirl913 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Feel good!
  • dexlyn813
    dexlyn813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Great job. You look great!
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your hard work, you look amazing!
    You actually look way less than 199 to me, but then it is tricky to guess height in a picture!

^This! :flowerforyou:
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Look at you! Congrats on your success! Such an inspiration!
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! And you must be 7' tall to look that good at 199!
  • craftergin
    craftergin Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to join you under 200! I'm at 204 right now.
    You look amazing! Keep up the good work!!
    :happy:
  • rswalls
    rswalls Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! And you must be 7' tall to look that good at 199!

+1
  • Realtree2429
    Realtree2429 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You are fabulous!!!
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! Very inspirational :) my tummy kinda looks like your Before pic now so I'm pumped about it getting flatter!
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    fantastic results.
    as a bloke who has lost similar yet i still have flabby belly whereas you just look,well,hot.
    how did you tone up so well please?
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Damn woman! Lookin' goooood! And congrats & welcome to "one-derland", such an amazing feeling!
  • d0v3r13
    Options
    thanks so much everyone!!!! i'm definitely not 7' tall, but i am 5'8.5"! :laugh: I've always been very dense. I'd love to get my body fat % tested right now.
  • d0v3r13
    Options
    fantastic results.
    as a bloke who has lost similar yet i still have flabby belly whereas you just look,well,hot.
    how did you tone up so well please?

wow! thanks :blushing: I have been running for almost a year now, and pilates once a week since december, minus all the time I spent injured or sick. I've also done spin class and I spent about a month doing r.i.p.p.e.d. classes before that triggered two separate injuries. I haven't done much to focus on abs or anything, but the pilates class is geared towards core strength and posture.
  • happening5
    happening5 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You look great and have lots to be proud of!
  • Juicer82
    Juicer82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You're fabulous!!! Congratulations on your loss!!! Yay ONEderland!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!