How many times a day should you pee?

Options
2»

Replies

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    People count how many times they pee a day. Should we also count how many times we blink?

Meh, its not really counting per say. I just know my schedule. I usually go first thing in the morning, once or twice at work, when I get home from work, and right before bed. Its not like I'm counting every day to make sure I go enough, I just know what usually happens.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    People count how many times they pee a day. Should we also count how many times we blink?

Meh, its not really counting per say. I just know my schedule. I usually go first thing in the morning, once or twice at work, when I get home from work, and right before bed. Its not like I'm counting every day to make sure I go enough, I just know what usually happens.

I agree. I gauged my response in the same way. I can't imagine going fewer than 4 or 5 times but to me personally anything from 5 to 10 seems pretty normal for a typical day.
  • SWWIS
    SWWIS Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I drink between one and two gallons of water a day... Needless to say I pee quite a few times too. Whenever my body needs to really. I never think twice about it.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,628 Member
    Options
    Frequent urination is a symptom of diabetes, so if you think you are peeing frequently get your blood glucose checked.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Personally, I always have to pee.

I drink a lot of water.
  • TheKingsChampion
    Options
    Glad to know I'm normal at going 10-12 times a day. (I drink more water than needed sometimes, keeps me from eating.)
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I think it's silly to count. I worked in retail so pee-breaks where a luxury, so going once per 9 hour shift (even while heavily pregnant) was normal for me. I can go 15 times a day and pee less volume each time, or 4 times a day and pee substantially more. As long as it's balanced with your fluids, it just depends on your bladder.

Of course, excessive thirst and excessive peeing can be symptomatic of diabetes, but not something to be anxious about if you just read that peeing 6 times a day is 'normal' on the internet.
  • stacyjh1979
    stacyjh1979 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I never really count how many times I go but I feel like it's a lot. I drink about 14 to 17 cups of water a day, depending on my needs. I was just curious cause web.md scared me because it said if you go more than 10 times a day you have a problem lol.

With the amount of water you drink I don't think going that much is unusual. I drink on average 16 cups a day (I'm not good about logging the water accurately since it really doesn't matter in my diary) and I pee at least 6 times a day. When I wake up, before I log in at work, on my first break, on my lunch break, on my second break, after work before I leave and at least once but probably more like 4 times after I get home.Unless you are having a sense of urgency or frequency that has started suddenly it's probably not an issue but if it does concern you check with you dr.
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I pee as much as I need to. Some days it's only 4-5 times and other days it's easily 10-12 times. I find it depends on how much I drink and how much I'm sweating. When I'm working out and sweat lots I notice I tend to pee less even though I usually drink more.
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of water, 2 liters during the workday. So maybe 6-8 times a day?