Do you ever?

Options
Do you ever start trying to lose weight and not feel excited about it? I've been trying for so many years that at this point it's more of a chore to get into the mind set again. It's something that needs doing but I definitely don't feel that beginners high that I would get in my younger days!

Replies

• newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Every single time. I'm excited to see the weight come off, not about starting. Now that I'm almost 3 months into it, yeah, I'm excited :).
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I used to whenever I had 10 or so lbs to lose. After more than that came on, I never got excited because I'd focus on all the 'can't' that it involved. The best thing I did was to just do it and not worry about that emotional start. I just started and kept on...the excitement is when you can see things change and have energy you didn't have before. I know, it bites, but what are you going to do? You just get on it anyway. Otherwise, nothing changes and you just lose time that you could have had being fitter or healthier or whatever your goal is.
  • gbklvr
    gbklvr Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I get excited when I see the results, when I start it's hard and I hate it!
  • jessicalouise481
    Options
    Why would anyone get excited about restricted their calories and lowering the amount of the unhealthy but delicious favourite foods? It's completely normal.
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    Why would anyone get excited about restricted their calories and lowering the amount of the unhealthy but delicious favourite foods? It's completely normal.

I've never restricted calories, or deprived myself from my favorite delicious foods.

In fact, I eat more now, than I did when I was 350 pounds.

I move more.

I've lost over a hundred pounds (I began busting my *kitten* prior to joining MFP).

I wouldn't say I'm "not excited" about getting healthier, it's kind of second nature now. I just do it. Like taking care of my kids.

But once I have that awesome sweaty exercise session done, I feel RIDICULOUSLY happy, excited, energized, proud and inspiring.
  • lgpperry1
    lgpperry1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Seriously. However you go about it, you have to be at a caloric deficit to lose weight and that can be a pretty major bummer.