From Coffee to Tea

Options
I love coffee, but I only drink it with a lot of fat free milk, and sugar. I just tried some pomegranate tea (decaf) this afternoon and put a little bit of honey in it and it's not bad at all! I would love to switch completely, but I would need enough caffeine. Anyone know of a fruity tea that has enough caffiene as coffee?

Replies

• sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    No tea (that I'm aware of....) made from fruit leaves or parts will have significant amounts of caffiene. What you could try is a specialty tea store - there are all sorts of lovely flavoured teas available with caffeine.

That being said I drink coffee and tea black...........
  • afia233
    afia233 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Its not fruity (Fruits tend NOT to have caffeine in them - its the leaves which have the caffiene) but green tea. Its light and refreshing although it does take a while to get used to if your not a green tea drinker.

Its the same kinda watery light refreshing feeling though tbh.
  • Rlavigne93
    Rlavigne93 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Black tea has fairly high caffeine content. If you need caffeine that much, though, why not just buy pills? They sell 100 mg caffeine tablets pretty much everywhere for cheap.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    You want a fruity green or black tea. Herbal teas don't have caffeine (it's the tea plant that has the caffeine, herbal teas technically have no tea plant in them). I know Celestial Seasonings makes a pomegranate green tea that I started with.

However, no tea will have as much caffeine as coffee.
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/caffeine/art-20049372

What I did was I fit one cup of coffee into my calories/macros at the beginning of the day, then I drink black, unsweetened green tea for the rest of the day.