IIFYM and MFP

Options
Anyone else find that MFP doesn't work too well with setting macro nutrient goals? I'm transitioning to the IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros) or flexible eating diet and I can't find any online or phone apps that work well with this form of nutrient tracking... Any suggestions?

Replies

• vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    Myfitnesspal works perfect for IIFYM. What are you having trouble with?
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    i follow IIFYM and still use MFP.. what are you having issues with?
  • vismal
    Options
    If you mean how MFP won't let you put your goals in in grams, then there is a workaround for that. Also Send MFP an email that you want to be able to input your macro goals in grams! The more people that do, the more likely they are to support it. The workaround is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeV8KlRXpuo
  • heavydron
    heavydron Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    MFP will allow you to enter specific gram goals. You will just be asked for percentages of total intake instead of just entering them directly. Just play with it until you get the numbers that you want.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I use it for IIFYM too. I simply used the custom percentages.
  • fitnessqueeninnyc
    Options
    Sorry for the late response everyone... Seems I can't set the settings to my exact macros... I'll try out the workaround and see how that goes... I played around with the percentages a bit and was able to get them in the ball park, however, when I exercise, the percentages increase and don't stay where I'd like them to be... Any suggestions?
  • heavydron
    heavydron Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Don't log your exercises if you don't want them to be a factor lol
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late response everyone... Seems I can't set the settings to my exact macros... I'll try out the workaround and see how that goes... I played around with the percentages a bit and was able to get them in the ball park, however, when I exercise, the percentages increase and don't stay where I'd like them to be... Any suggestions?
    If you are following the TDEE method where you exercise is already built into your calorie goal, either log it just as a note or log it, but change the burn to 1 calorie.
  • libertino85
    libertino85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been using IIFYM and have had great results!
  • vismal
    Options
    Your macros should be based on your TDEE so you should not be eating back exercise calories. If you want to log them for record keeping purposes just log them as 1 calorie burned.
  • fitnessqueeninnyc
    Options
    Thanks for the info everyone... I was able to reset my macros to my specific goals... :)