Looking to lose 100+

Options
I'm sure my story mirrors many others. Have tried many times to lose weight and make progress only to revert right back to bad habits and put it back on plus more.

Anyways, I'd love to hear from those looking to lose 50+ lbs, (or less! don't want to shut out anyone!), any success stories, tips of how to stick with it, all that jazz.

I've started Zumba (2x a week, hour long) and am loving it. The hardest thing is that when I lose weight, everyone else seems to see it, but I never can.

Any tips?

Thanks!

Replies

• jdecossas
    Options
    Welcome, I also have 100+ to lose but I am MUCH older than you.61yo. Best of luck to you and you can do it!
  • sarachef
    Options
    Congratulations on your commitment to yourself. The very best way to track your weight loss is with pictures. Since I see myself every day, I don't always see the dramatic difference I want to see. But take selfies (or have someone take a pic), at an interval that makes sense for you. Could be once a month? Every 20 lbs? When you see them side by side, it's very motivating
  • MantisSword
    Options
    That's a great idea, thanks!
  • MantisSword
    Options
    Thanks so much! You as well! Keep me updated on how it's going!
  • Born_2_Lose
    Born_2_Lose Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I agree. The best way to track your progress is with pictures. Also, have a certain outfit (Pants/Shirt) that you put on every once in a while to see how it fits you. In addition, I began to journal. We often forget where we have been and get easily discouraged. I started losing weight 2 years ago and I wrote myself letters. Now I look back on those letters as a way to remind myself of where I don't want to be again and to remind myself that I have made progress. The whole "journey" is challenging but so so so worth it! Good luck. Feel free to add me :)
  • StarFall90
    StarFall90 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I started off with 200 to lose. I am down to having 130 left to lose. Feel free to add me (: