A picture is worth 1000 words

Options
gbklvr
gbklvr Posts: 84 Member
Whoever said sure spoke the truth! I have been off the wagon for about a week and half. Went back on it earlier but I wanted to see what I looked like since I normally avoid looking at myself. So I took a picture and I was amazed at how I looked. So now I have more weight to loose but for the first time I looked at the picture and didn't berate myself. It was more of OK, this is your starting point. When I think oh a donut won't hurt or go ahead and eat that chocolate bar it's been a hard day I will look at that picture and think where do I want to be? It's funny people say that putting a picture of how you want to look is more a motivator but I think it's the opposite for me.

Replies

• heyjude345
    heyjude345 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! I have an album on my computer labeled "Before" with several pictures of me at my heaviest. It is excellent motivation!
  • gbklvr
    Options
    Thank you!!!! I thought I was the only one! :wink:
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    My moods are all over the place on this one.... Pictures of myself, I never seem to like, at any size. The ones of me bigger just depress me, and the ones of me now I think... "that's it? after all this hard work?".... but pictures don't lie, and the cold, hard truth is probably why I hate taking them. :wink:
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    When I get down on my weight loss being hella slow, I look back at old pics!! What a difference!!!!
  • gbklvr
    Options
    Amen to that! They don't. My sister was like why would you do that and I said because I need to see and be able to see the difference when it happens. I feel the same way sometimes I will look at pics of myself when I was at my healthiest and I think that was hard work and I look normal. lol
  • NessaReh85
    NessaReh85 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have a picture that I took a few days ago and compared it to one I took 2 years ago and I personally dont see the difference. However, I have had a friend compare me now to me then and she informs me that she can see the differences. I guess when you have been so big for so long you dont notice the small changes....well maybe some. I have noticed my chest is shrinking and I am sooooo excited about that!!! LOL :laugh:
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Yep my day 1 pictures have been and still is my desktop wall paper. Also have them laminated wallet size to carry around.