Driver's license

Options
So I had to renew my DL recently and they asked me if my height and weight were the same as the last time I renewed. Of course I said yes I'm still 6'0" 205. In reality I'm a heck of a lot closer to 305 than 205 these days but I didn't want to tell her that. Does anyone else have a drastically different weight listed on their DL? Hopefully I will be back to that 205 by the end of the year.

Replies

• kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Until I renewed mine last April, my DL had me weighing about 50 pounds more than I had for two years.....it was lighter than what I really weighed when I had to renew it before, but DEFINITELY a LOT heavier than I was in April. It felt REALLY good to go in, write what I actually weighed, and feel proud about that!
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Luckily, we don't have weight on ours!! :)
  • SARRY562
    SARRY562 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    So I had to renew my DL recently and they asked me if my height and weight were the same as the last time I renewed. Of course I said yes I'm still 6'0" 205. In reality I'm a heck of a lot closer to 305 than 205 these days but I didn't want to tell her that. Does anyone else have a drastically different weight listed on their DL? Hopefully I will be back to that 205 by the end of the year.

LOL i do.. haha :laugh:
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Sort of, but not by that much.
    It says I'm 145 and at the time I got pulled over I was actually closer to 130.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Weight does seem an odd thing to put on a DL. It can change within a month! Your height is not going to change. They might as well be listing the shirt color you have on when you get your photo taken! LOL.

My DL currently says I have to have glasses to drive but I had LASIK last fall. Hoping if I ever get pulled over it doesn't matter since i can prove I can see....
  • Aitenev
    Aitenev Posts: 62
    Options
    Been there! For years I refused to change my DL info as my weight slowly crept up. At my heaviest I weighed 80lbs more than the license said. One of my mini goals last year was to weigh less than what it says. Now I'm actually looking forward to having to change it this year because I can now, honestly, say that I weigh LESS! Good luck on your journey. You can do it!
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I haven't changed my weight since high school, lol
  • Toninette
    Options
    The weight on my DL is way less that what I weigh - and it's still embarassing! Can't wait to reach what the DL says it is and then keep losing! Just don't get stopped by the police and no one will have to see your DL - unless you get carded at the bar - which has NOT happened to me in a looooooong time!
  • jensbusy
    jensbusy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, my DL had me at a weight I haven't seen for over 30 years. I even had been 100 lbs heavier at one time and I think picture was of the latter. Ours are renewed by mails for years, so never needed to go in. This year, they requested I come in . I even studied the manual incase I had to take the test as my husband did. No test !! Yea !! I requested a new picture and it took him a moment to look at me and realized I didn't look anything like that old person. It had the lighter weight, but the picture sure wasn't of that. So I was honest about my weight and got a picture to match. So nice.
  • gracemtn
    gracemtn Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It is how I intend on starting my criminal career.

"but officer I can't be that girl I weigh sooo much more than that..." :P
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Mines about a 60lb difference. It was an 80+lb difference when I did it less than a year ago!

I used to ALWAYS say 140. But each time I had to renew it, or when I lost it...I would add a bit onto it.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    It says 130. At the time, I was 140-ish, but then I managed to get down to 130. Now I'm closer to 150, but I'm trying to get back down there.
  • ChristineM1953
    ChristineM1953 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! But I am happy to say, that because of what I have been doing for the past year, it was a lot closer to it than it had been previously! Glad to hear others do that too!

I also am a brunette, but color my hair blonde. That. mixed with the incorrect weight - I don't know what I look like! Ha!
  • lucky48
    lucky48 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wow, they actually list your weight on your driver's license? I live in Connecticut, USA and the only things listed are sex, height and eye color.
  • ziggythecat
    ziggythecat Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Ha, my DL lists me as an inch shorter and 100lbs lighter.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    For the first time ever I actually weigh less than my driver's license says. It says 200 lbs. and I weight 169. Woo hoo!!
  • lynx__13
    lynx__13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Mines about a 60lb difference. It was an 80+lb difference when I did it less than a year ago!

I used to ALWAYS say 140. But each time I had to renew it, or when I lost it...I would add a bit onto it.

Haha! I do this too! everytime I renew I add a little weight to my DL but it's always behind what I am lol. Currently my DL is 50 some lbs less than I acutally weigh.
  • noltes2
    noltes2 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I put my goal weight as my license weight as motivation! but that never actually motivated me lol. I am now 18 pounds off from my license weight. But soon enough it will be dead on!
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Mine say I'm 195, because that's what I was when I got my license.
    Now it's wrong by 20 pounds. And in a good way. :D
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    tx dosent show it