Do you love your workout?

Options
Do you actually like what you do to workout? or do you do it out of stubbornness or "that's what I must do"? or is your mentality "I must do it, no pain no gain".

I'm practically new at this "fitness" life style, but in my humble opinion, you should do what you most enjoy, something you see yourself still enjoying 10 or 20 years ahead...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a gym, but I don't like the environment. I find it claustrophobic. I prefer go out for a walk or jogging outside instead of a treadmill. ride my cheap bicycle instead of a stationary, or walk upstairs instead of the stepper machine... and I'm starting to like body weight exercises better than weight lifting... but that's me.

Do you like what you do?

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Love my workout.

Don't like the gym either so I built one at home :happy:
  • OnTheGround
    Options
    I adore my workout.

I've been at this for a little more than two years now and I would say "never say never". Things change, your comfort zones change..........I didn't like the gym at the beginning, I love it now. I LOVED running a year ago....I could take it or leave it now.
  • NYfirefighter
    Options
    Now I say yes but call me during a 25 mile ruck or after who knows how many push ups, flutter kicks and what not and I can easily sing a different tune
    But I wouldn't give it up for anything
  • SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my workout. I do rebounding on a Bellicon rebounder. It is wonderful. ~Skye:flowerforyou:
  • LaVie13
    LaVie13 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    i have a love hate relationship with my workouts.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I love going to the gym. I love working out. But I am human and some days it is hard for me to push myself. When I do, I feel great! I just need to get off my tail and do it. Some days you just don't feel like it. But I do it anyways and never regret it! Only only regret it when I don't!
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I love my workout. I however do use a gym I have a tendency to zone out and overexercise so machine stopping on cardio is a great plus even though I do loe a run outside. I also have support from trainer through texts which is awesome. I trust him completely and have worked with him for almost 2 years. If something isn't working or too easy we swtch it up qiuickly.
    Some say I live to exercise and in a way its true. I feel terrible if I am not active and it has nothing to do with weight
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    It took trying several different gyms before I really started enjoying exercise. It is not a major chain but rather a no nonsense gym where those who are serious about their health go ... not necessarily body builders and the pretty people but the ones that go to the gym to truly work.

I will never LOVE cardio but I do it because it is the biggest calorie burner. However, I truly enjoy weight training. I have been working with a trainer who is a former bodybuilder. In fact, it is his gym I work out in. He keeps things fresh and fun.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I walk/run. I kickbox. I lift heavy. I love all of it.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it if I didn't love it....

I lift heavy, walk, dance, HIIT, bike, swim, bodyweight stuff...love it all...

but that's the key for "exercise" finding something you love so it's not a chore....
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Yes, in a sadistic, slap the weights around kind of way
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I usually HATE my workout.. but I think it is mostly because I have to do it at 5am before work and I have to drag my bones out of my cozy bed and away from cuddling with hubby.. or at 4pm right after picking up the kids and hubby is making supper ( cause he is awesome like that ) and I feel stuck doing my workout when all I want to do is be with my family!
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I HATE the thought of my workout when it's time to go do it, but once I start, and after I finish, I love it.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I adore my workout, mostly because I'm making progress. When progress stalls, I'll take a week off and change it, and then fall in lust all over again.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Love my workout.

Don't like the gym either so I built one at home :happy:

^^ This :smile:
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I hate cardio. I love weight training.
  • christashay
    christashay Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It's true love! For almost 26 months now. Ahhh!
  • haildodger
    haildodger Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Up at 2:30 am everyday to get my workout in before work. I do my 5x5 three days a week, and a 45 minute run on the other three days with one day of rest. Honestly, I love it; It's addictive.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I never thought I'd get here, but I love what I do to work out. The key is finding what you love to do and what is rewarding for you. I started weight training, and reaching new personal records makes me feel so strong, and I keep wanting to get in the gym and do better. I tune out everyone in the gym, get my workout done, and get out.

I'm not a huge cardio fan, but I find that I lose faster with it. So, I find the cardio that is least annoying, which ends up being the elliptical because I can turn off my brain and read a book.

Give it time and experiment with new exercises. Don't be afraid to try new things. In the course of working out, I've tried barbell complexes, rowing (sculling), running, walking, arc trainer, spinning, body pump, and yoga. I enjoyed some of them and hated others. Finding what you like really is what is important.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I do love my workout. If I get to a point where I don't like part of it, I find an alternative or just drop that part. I was doing crunches on an exercise ball for awhile and every time I went to do them I thought "I really hate these. They feel awkward and I just don't like them." So I dropped them and went back to planks and leg lifts instead.