Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my workouts.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I do a HIIT routine on the elliptical, I jog/speed walk, I hit punching bags and I lift light (maybe someday I can lift heavy, not in the cards for me right now :[ )

I love all of it. I'm only human though, there are some days where I wake up feeling fatigued. But once I get there and get into it, it's usually all good.

Once I lose a majority of the weight I'd like to get back into martial arts. That's something I can see myself doing again without even viewing it as working out.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Love every minute of it....... It is my therapy both mentally and physically....... :drinker:
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I really love cycling, and running when I can do it (intermittent knee problems). I enjoy walking and hiking, too, as well as canoeing, but that's not really a workout in the same way. In winter, I enjoy cross-country skiing. I like stationary rowing when I get into the rhythm, but it's not nearly as engaging as doing something outdoors, so I tend to up the intensity and shorten the time.

I'm not as keen on other workouts. Cycling on rollers is really dull, but I do it to keep my cycling legs during the winter. Cycling on a trainer is even worse.

I'm not very fond of strength training, but I do a minimal routine a couple times a week to retain strength and muscle mass. I think of it as analogous to brushing my teeth: I don't enjoy it but it's necessary. Given the choice between a resistance workout and a bike ride, though, I'll take the bike any day, even if it's cold, windy, and rainy. Running, too: one of my most fun runs last winter was in 20-degree weather with snow falling at 2 inches an hour.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love my workout, I love my workout equipment even more. His name is Charlie (profile pic).
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I love my weight training. I used to force myself to do cardio and hated it.

Find what you enjoy doing it and stick with it. If it's jogging outside, riding your bike, or body weight exercises then that's great. There are some great strength training videos on fitnessblender if you want to expand your at-home workouts.
  • chalk_and_chaturangas
    Options
    I love my workout!

I CrossFit, do yoga, and run occasionally. I'm motivated to eat healthy by my love of these things. I'd rather eat so that I can perform better in my workouts that eat to be as thin as possible.

I'm so glad you've found exercises that you love! You're absolutely on the right track and have a great attitude.
  • LazyCatPame
    LazyCatPame Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Definitely do... I go for long brisk walks (about an hour a day) around my neighborhood and considering I'm practically an hermit, besides getting me fit, it makes me realize that this place might not be that ugly. It even makes me forget I'm working out, and my times per mile are improving greatly (started with a mile every 17 mins and lowered it to 14 in less than a week)
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. I look forward to my workout days! I lift heavy and for strong(wo)man. It improves my mood and gives me energy and make me feel SOOO strong!
    If you had told me 5 years ago that I would look forward to my gym time I wouldn't have believed it but I do!!!
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    When I do Zumba, Hip Hop Fitness, or any other type of dance workout, I love to exercise.

My feelings about lower body resistance exercises and ab exercises are neutral.

I really do not care for anything to do with body building or upper body resistance exercises.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Love every minute of it....... It is my therapy both mentally and physically....... :drinker:

^^^This...
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    It took me a while to warm up to it, but now I wish I could go every day. In fact, I'm making plans to move closer to my gym BECAUSE I love it so much. I wonder if my trainer would let me move into the storage room...
  • soinfinite
    Options
    I have days where I wake up, and I'm like "Oh yeah, today is gonna be a great workout day!" And I'm all excited, and motivated!
    Then I have days where I would rather count the tiles on my ceiling than even attempt to get up and do something active.

It just varies. I usually enjoy my exercise routines though. :)
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I love it and look forward to it all the time. Rest weeks (like this week) drive me bonkers, but it will be well worth it when I hit the platform this weekend fully rested and ready to kill it.
  • Coltsforlife
    Options
    I love anything i do
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Yes. While my interests may shift and ebb & flow towards various modes of training, I am certainly not going to do anything I dont like
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It's important to find fitness activities that you enjoy. Despite popular belief, you don't have to jump around like some kind of jack *kitten* in your living room or join a boot camp class or drone away on some machine to have a good workout. Finding something you enjoy is fairly detrimental to long term success.

If you're new to fitness, this may take some trial and error...I spent a fair amount of time early on doing things because I thought I was supposed to do them and I hated them. I finally discovered my love of all things bicycle and haven't looked back.

I ride roughly 80-90 miles per week give or take...that's usually an hour at a steady 15 - 16 MPH four days during the week and then a good two hour ride on either a Saturday or Sunday that usually gets me between 25 - 30 miles depending on my route. Beyond that, I lift for about an hour 2x weekly with a full body routine.

Depending on the time of year, I also enjoy hiking and swimming quite a bit and I walk my dog pretty regularly.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    love heavy lifting, step aerobics (high intensity) and spin (high intensity..... hate low weight high rep, low intensity cardio, steady state cardio and cardio machines (other than spin class) so I don't do them
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I love what I do, but like anyone else I have days where I'm really not motivated. But once your workouts become habit, you make them happen during those times. No matter what. Nothing is better than the feeling you have once you completed your workout. VICTORY.

I change up my workout very frequently and lately I change some things on every workout (accessory work).

I agree. If you do the type of workouts you enjoy, you are more likely to do them. But as others stated as well, you must strive to push yourself. You like body-weight stuff? You like the outdoors? Then do pull-ups on the monkey bars. I seen vids on youtube with guys doing full workouts outside and they're pretty hardcore. Agreed on getting out of the comfort zone too.