Salad Dressing

Options
My favorite dressing/marinade for cooking salmon in is unavailable, any suggestions for a good dressing to use on salmon?

Replies

• ericah971
    ericah971 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sesame.. or some form of an Asian dressing. Honey ginger.. or honey mustard with added mustard seeds.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice, olive oil and add some dried mint. Crisp and refreshing and doesn't hide the salmon. Had some last night on my salmon! Yummmm!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Soy Sauce, Lime Juice, Greek Vinaigrette, . . . Or sprinkle some dill OR tarragon on it.

MUTARD SAUCE
    1/2 cup Dijon mustard
    1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
    3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, or
    1 tablespoon dried dill
    1 handful chopped fresh basil
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    lt's not a dressing per se but..Old Bay?
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice, olive oil and add some dried mint. Crisp and refreshing and doesn't hide the salmon. Had some last night on my salmon! Yummmm!

I second yours: clean and easy.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I love sweet chilli sauce on salmon, it gets lovely and sticky and has just the right amount of zing.
  • laurenjill
    laurenjill Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    lt's not a dressing per se but..Old Bay?
    Old Bay for the win. Also great for crab, shrimp, french fries, mashed potatoes, in a dry rib rub, on popcorn, and thrown in some chicken salad.
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have a great sauce I use on my baked salmon.

3 tbs fresh chopped dill
    1 heaping tsp minced garlic
    1/2 cup sour cream
    salt & pepper
    2 tbs lemon juice
    1 whole ripe avocado

mix together the avocado, (mashed well with a fork) with the other ingredients. Mix well. Refrigerate for a half hour or so before serving with the salmon.

I figured it out using the MFP calculator, and it's 28 calories per tablespoon, so I use a generous amount with my fish. Enjoy!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    My favorite dressing/marinade for cooking salmon in is unavailable, any suggestions for a good dressing to use on salmon?
    Great question... looking forward to the responses you get!:flowerforyou:

I had some Trader Joe's Dijon Mustard Salmon the other night... it was awesome...would love to know how to do that on the plain I get sometimes from TJ's.

ideas? :drinker: Thank you ahead of time!:happy:
    Soy Sauce, Lime Juice, Greek Vinaigrette, . . . Or sprinkle some dill OR tarragon on it.

MUSTARD SAUCE

1/2 cup Dijon mustard
    1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
    3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, or
    1 tablespoon dried dill
    1 handful chopped fresh basil
    Thank you, this might be exactly what I'm looking for, I'll give it a try!!:bigsmile:
  • RunningofftheEX
    RunningofftheEX Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Some good ideas, Thanks everyone