If we're supposed to weigh everything...

Options
2»

Replies

• LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    It might help you to use non-american names for foods where possible - I'm in the UK so pretty much everything is done by weight anyway, and I find it so much easier when logging things that have different names in the US as none of the cup options come up. So try searching for chickpeas instead of garbanzo beans, aubergine instead of eggplant, courgette instead of zucchini etc.

Or as some others have suggested, try adding g or grams after whatever you're searching for so something with grams will come up.
    + again, as others have said, the USDA ones always have a gram option.
  • Trignon
    Trignon Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I went out and purchased the American Weigh SC-2KG scale just in case anyone ever posts an entry in troy ounces or pennyweight.

- Plus it's accurate enough to trust for your espresso grind. 0.1 gram/0.01 ounce increments.-
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I weigh the stuff. If the first accurate nutritional info I find is in tsp or ounces or whatever, I convert the grams to ounces or teaspoons or whatever using the serving size.

It really would be nice if more people entered things by grams, but whatever.