ct5k

Options
Been doing this for 5 weeks now i dont know how others feel but i can honestly say that in 5 weeks iv gone from 9st13 to 9 st 6 my bmi is brill and my body fat is good for the first time in years that plus healthy eating and calorie deficit have worked amazing would love to hear how others are finding it :)

Replies

• mandymack14
    mandymack14 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Great results! Good for you! :flowerforyou:

I'm on week 1 so no results yet ... (to be continued)
  • NoStoppingNow77
    NoStoppingNow77 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 day 2. Nervous about next weeks 5 min runs. :ohwell: I've lost about 8lbs so far after starting.
  • crzdirector
    crzdirector Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all of you...as a former C25k graduate all I can say is keep at it. If the longer runs concern you...just slow down and take it easy. Everyone wants you to finish and be successful so just carve your own success ;)
  • tinky452
    tinky452 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Week five iv found quite hard but getting through it dis my first 8 min then break and 8 mins and it felt easier than yhe three 5 mins which i struggled with feel so much better for getting out and doing aomething and mandy it defo works im ahocked how mich better it feels i started losing the weight on week three but losing inches before that feeling so much healthier well done on those that have done it cant wait to be able to say i can run 5k :)
  • jannthompson
    jannthompson Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great job! It's difficult in the beginning, but I promise you it gets better!

I have graduated C25K and it was very helpful. When I struggled with a week, I stayed on it for a little bit longer until I felt confident. I found the biggest thing was using the app as a tool, but following what my body was trying to tell me. If I wasn't ready to move on, I didn't.

I did my first 5k run in August (NO walking) and I am doing another 5k here in November. I run around 12 miles a week and I can honestly say I enjoy it now (there is NO way I thought I'd say that when I started the training). After my next 5k run, my goal is to work towards 10k.
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Running is the best and c25k is the best way to start running:happy: You are doing great, keep it up.
    My 5k time is still 43 mins but I have done 10k as well and loving it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!