My weakness is beer!

Options
Can't help it...I play pool once a week with very good friends. We have a good time. And I like to have a few beers. I know its hurting my calorie intake, and hindering my goal, yadda, yadda, yadda... But this is sooo difficult! I've switched to gin and tonic, but its just not the same. ~sigh~ :ohwell:

What's your weakness and how did you get over it?

Replies

• misssuperstitious
    Options
    Bud light Clamato :blushing:
  • jcness
    jcness Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Switch to rye whiskey on the rocks. You'll look classy, and it's only 70 Calories per dram.
  • danaaaaa
    Options
    i loveeee vodka. anything with vodk a. i used to drink redbull and vodka and cranberry and vodka but switched to seltzer with vodka and its pretty good but 60 cals a shot... and i like to drink alot. lol
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    you can join us on the thread "like-minded lushes" for support!
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    I gave up white wine. Booze completely stalls my metabolism so I only allow myself booze once or twice a month :sad:

It is by far the worst thing that has ever happened to me. :explode:
  • rsonthelake
    rsonthelake Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I live at a lake, and most people are retired, and when the weather is nice, everyone thinks it is just one big party. I have to pick and choose when I want to partake. You can get over it, but as long as you are good through the week, exercise more, I think you will be fine.
  • davidmsheppard
    Options
    Drink beer and run more. ;-)
  • jpmajors
    Options
    You have to want to be healthy more than you want the Beer or what ever "it" is. Try non-alcoholic beer and your resolve to diet will not be hindered by getting buzzed. If you are reading this and say "whats the point in drinking NON alcholic beer, then you drinking for the effect not the taste.
  • bangarangbree
    Options
    I believe it was in my health Psy class, but one of my professors stated that little to moderate alcohol consumption is better for your overall health than none at all. But definitely go with the lower cal stuff!
  • tonihayden
    Options
    Budlite Lime..............i'm doomed!!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    If your treating yourself once a week i don't think it's a bad thing, Now if you having beer every single day then yeah it's not going to help you lose weight... If you know what day your going to be out drinking with your friends just workout harder that day and use it as your Cheat day!!!
  • camille45
    camille45 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    my weakness is starbucks, my addiction to mocha coffee w/whip cream was so over the top. I just had to force myself to find another drink to appease me until i could get a handle on it. I used to go to starbucks at least 4 times a week. The money i spent alone was enough to make me want to stop but it was so hard. first i cut back to only about once a week, then i started ordering the skinny version, and then i just started trying other low fat coffees until I was able to quit going all together. Now i may go once a month but I still get non whip, low fat versions of drinks. But i totally understand. I decided that it would be better to eat my calories and not drink em.
  • hotllamarama
    hotllamarama Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i developed a great taste for beer in recent months, especially dark beers like gunniess and and dark lager. but with drinking these things i noticed a great change in my weight. i gained an additional ten pounds.. it takes a mindset to just quit drinking and be conscious of what you're putting into your body. i've gotten so adamant about looking at calories that i'm just too afraid to pick up a bottle anymore. : /

i guess for me it was truly willpower and tired of feeling bloated.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I gave up white wine. Booze completely stalls my metabolism so I only allow myself booze once or twice a month :sad:

It is by far the worst thing that has ever happened to me. :explode:

Same here...but I gave it up for New Years...for the whole year! But I prefer reds...a nice merlot. Damn, really want a glass now, lol.
  • camille45
    camille45 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    oh and as far as alcohol, i never met a margarita i didnt like, so if i know im gonna drink, i ususally save my calories for that! good thing it doesnt happen often
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I didn't get over it. I bowl once a week and on that day I work out extra hard and eat really good to have plenty of calories for my beers. I log each one of those and so far since the beginning of this year it's worked. I haven't gone over. I just work hard to play hard:)
  • derbygirl90
    Options
    I drink Guiness which has not much more than 100 calories. Just don't make the mistake that I did - ordered a stout the other night thinking it was probably low cal like Guiness. NOT AT ALL!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Beer....wub.gif

:embarassed:
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i LOVE beer. i love the taste and i love the buzz lol. i also love wine. i drink about 4 beers in a night 1x a week and i have no regrets. i just make sure i have the calories available to me!
  • misssuperstitious
    Options
    oh and as far as alcohol, i never met a margarita i didnt like, so if i know im gonna drink, i ususally save my calories for that! good thing it doesnt happen often

...my other weakness! I figure if I run enough, I can eat/drink what I want, and so far that works for me (Thank God)