Jawbone UP 24

Options
Hello everyone - I am thinking of purchasing Jawbone UP 24? Has anyone used this? Does it sync well with fitness pal? What is your experience? Please let me know.
Thanks!

Replies

• Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    In for the comments. I want to know as well! :smile:
  • dusjujr
    dusjujr Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I got the jawbone up 24 on September 26 and it been great!! It sync real well for me... its working for me. I'm happy that I got it
  • rgrady33
    rgrady33 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Here is a repost of a comment I made on another thread:

My journey back into MFP started when my wife bought me a Jawbone UP24 for Father's Day. No matter what you get, having a fitness band is a great way to track your activity! I highly recommend getting one. The great thing about them is they interact directly with MFP and other apps: I record a workout in MapMyFitness, it syncs to MFP and my UP app, and done! My neighbor has a Fitbit and was jealous when I was showing him the app for it.

A comment about my experience: My UP24 suddenly failed after a couple of months. They sent me a new one, and I hope it lasts. If you buy this one (which has a great app and what has been described as top-of-the-line sleep tracking) then I suggest you get a service plan. No fitness band is waterproof so this is very important for what you pay for. I am not a service plan kind of guy, but if I could do it over again I wouldn't hesitate; it's an expensive piece of hardware to have on your wrist.

Personally, this thing changed my life and my thinking. I showed it to 2 other people over Labor Day and they have them now, too. I highly recommend you get a fitness band!
  • NaRmI10
    NaRmI10 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! - I am getting it!!
  • rgrady33
    rgrady33 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You won't be disappointed!
  • DropsofHoney
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE my Jawbone UP24!!! I've used Body Media and was always embaressed about wearing it and the questions. But with the Jawbone UP bracelet I wear it proudly.. :) You won't be disappointed.. :heart:
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE my Jawbone UP24!!! I've used Body Media and was always embaressed about wearing it and the questions. But with the Jawbone UP bracelet I wear it proudly.. :) You won't be disappointed.. :heart:
    Yeah, that is why I stopped wearing the BodyMedia. People thought i was on house arrest or something.
  • dmlover76
    dmlover76 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to buy one! Isn't the Fitbit the one that gave everyone a rash?
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I've got a jawbone up 24 also, but I know many with Fitbit as well. Whatever your preference, I think you will enjoy it. I like the sleep tracker on jawbone. I love mine!
  • victoriacaro85
    victoriacaro85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    dusjujr wrote: »
    I got the jawbone up 24 on September 26 and it been great!! It sync real well for me... its working for me. I'm happy that I got it

Hi, what works best for syncing exercise? Do you log non-running exercise (eg. cycling) into MFP or the Jawbone app? Do they sync properly?

Thanks
  • Oenotrian
    Oenotrian Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'd hold off for a bit, if I were you. Right now, the Jawbone UP24 isn't playing nicely with MFP. There are posts all over the support boards at Jawbone and here discussing it.

Jawbone still seems to play well with Runkeeper, which plays well with MFP. I use Runkeeper for my outdoor exercise (running or walking) and Wahoo Fitness for my indoor exercise (strength training, elliptical, classes, etc.) because they synch with my heart rate monitor.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Hi, what works best for syncing exercise? Do you log non-running exercise (eg. cycling) into MFP or the Jawbone app? Do they sync properly?

Log food & drink in MFP. Do not log any step-based activity—UP tracks that for you. Log non-step exercise (like biking or swimming) in UP.

Your UP total burn is your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure)—way more accurate than any online calculator. If you eat less than your UP burn, you will lose weight.

MFP has a Jawbone UP Bracelet group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/13420-jawbone-up-bracelet
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I got a Jawbone Up in August and had nothing but trouble with it for 3 months. It worked sporatically and I talked to tech support over and over with them giving me diagnostics and telling me I was doing something wrong.

I tossed it aside for 2 months and then tried again, with no luck. Finally talked to tech support for about the 12th time and they decided the problem was a defective unit.

So, now I'm waiting for a replacement. I'll let you know. I just want to use something until the Apple watch comes out.