Vitamix S30 Recipes

Options
TubbsMcGee
TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
I just received the Vitamix S30 as a gift, and am looking for some recipes to EASE my way into incorporating this insane blender into my every day life.

It's not the big family-size blender, so a lot of the recipes on the Vitamix website are too large for it and I'm much too lazy to figure out how to cut them down to fit my 40 oz. container.

I'm looking for some simple smoothie or soup recipes to start out with, or whatever you can think of that will work with my "blender for 2"

Replies

• kkaycam
    kkaycam Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like to make desert with mine. I found this recipe on pinterest when looking for paleo options.

Dole Pineapple Whip

handful of frozen pineapple chunks
    1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 tbsp honey

simple and delicious
  • TubbsMcGee
    Options
    I like to make desert with mine. I found this recipe on pinterest when looking for paleo options.

Dole Pineapple Whip

1 tbsp honey

simple and delicious

Yum! That looks delicious and super easy to make. Thanks for sharing :)

Anyone else have any suggestions??
  • mrsbadkarma
    mrsbadkarma Posts: 78 Member
    Options

Dole Pineapple Whip

1 tbsp honey

simple and delicious

That sounds incredible. I'm definitely making this soon!
  • VegFit72
    VegFit72 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have a Vitamix 5200, the larger carafe from Costco. I've not experimented with mine very much, although I really need to. It is an investment and I need to learn how to do more with it. Anyway, the main thing I do now is smoothies. It's pretty basic but I use...

1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 frozen banana (more or less)
    1/2 - 1 cup frozen mixed fruit
    2-3 cups fresh spinach (this is about 2-3 grabs or leaves from the bag)
    1 serving of Jarrow whey protein powder (or whatever you like--or none)

I use the tamper to get the fruit all blended and then add the powder for the last few seconds. I've found that with the powder I have right now if I blend it the whole time it gets to foamy. You can also add ice. I usually take mine to work in the evenings and drink it on the way home as a "dinner" then I'll actually eat food a few hours later.

There is tons to do with the VM--I'm learning. I want to try some frozen desserts. yum!
  • TubbsMcGee
    Options

1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 frozen banana (more or less)
    1/2 - 1 cup frozen mixed fruit
    2-3 cups fresh spinach (this is about 2-3 grabs or leaves from the bag)
    1 serving of Jarrow whey protein powder (or whatever you like--or none)

HA! That's the exact recipe I first tried out, minus the protein powder (it was late at night) :smile:
  • TubbsMcGee
    Options
    I'm really looking forward to making my own nut milks. I even went out and bought the special bag before I bought the nuts!

From there I think I'll venture off into soups, apple sauce, pestos and sauces

I just found this:
    http://wholelifestylenutrition.com/recipes/favorite-vitamix-recipes/
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I just received the Vitamix S30 as a gift, and am looking for some recipes to EASE my way into incorporating this insane blender into my every day life.

It's not the big family-size blender, so a lot of the recipes on the Vitamix website are too large for it and I'm much too lazy to figure out how to cut them down to fit my 40 oz. container.

I'm looking for some simple smoothie or soup recipes to start out with, or whatever you can think of that will work with my "blender for 2"

So you are too LAZY to work out by trial and error how to get the best out of your Vitamix for 2 people - interesting.

I have a Vitamix Professional Series 300, the best thing that I have ever received as a gift.

The learning curve is amazing.

I put everything in my Vitamix when I am making a smoothie - mixed lettuce, banana, mangoes, pineapple, banana, coconut water etc. I have a 64 and 32 ounce containers.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options

Dole Pineapple Whip

1 tbsp honey

simple and delicious

This is one of my favorites, but I like to add a little vanilla extract to it.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    My recipe is pretty basic, I have altered it throughout the years.

blueberries
    banana
    yogurt or milk of your choice
    ground flax or presoaked chia
    spinach
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    one of my fav dessert smoothies...

1 ripe banana
    4 large strawberries (be sure to toss the whoe strawberry in there, no need to discard the tops)
    1/2 cup milk
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 cups ice

Kind of reminds me of Nestles Strawberry Quik
  • kkaycam
    kkaycam Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    try this one!

banana macadamia nut ice cream

about 1/3 cup of macadamia nuts and i blend to make a very chunky nut butter
    then I add a frozen banana couple slashes of almond milk vanilla extract and some ice.
    ENJOY!