Who's Getting Married??

Options
I've got less than a year until the big day.. AHH! Scared, nervous, excited - all with mega goals to hit and looking for some motivational and accountability to get there!

Anyone else looking for the same?? Would love to support and be supported with fellow brides or grooms! Feel free to add me or share your goals below so I can add you :)

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Not for me, thanks. Three times was enough.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Got married a week and a half ago. congratulations to you and good luck!!
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    i'm not getting married, but i have been married to my husband for 22 years. i know this isn't what you asked about, but i do have one tiny piece of unsolicited advice. please focus on the marriage and not the wedding. think long-term, not just for that day. i know you want to be beautiful, but you must already be beautiful (inside & out) or your fiance wouldn't love you.:heart::heart: :heart:

good luck with your weight-loss goals, but if you don't make it, don't beat yourself up. i can't wait to see you in your wedding gown. congrats and good luck :flowerforyou:
  • kkay3182
    kkay3182 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    congrats!! coming up on my 6 month mark :love: but we were together 5 yrs before we got married.
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Me!

We're getting married in Fall 2016, but I'm in my best friend's wedding in Fall 2015, so I'd love to be at my UGW for Sept 12, 2015, and then have a year of maintenance and building muscle before our wedding one year later.
  • samanthalee87
    Options
    congrats!! coming up on my 6 month mark :love: but we were together 5 yrs before we got married.

Aw, congrats on hitting a milestone! Happy for you :)
  • samanthalee87
    Options
    Me!

We're getting married in Fall 2016, but I'm in my best friend's wedding in Fall 2015, so I'd love to be at my UGW for Sept 12, 2015, and then have a year of maintenance and building muscle before our wedding one year later.

Yay, congratulations!!! Nothing like standing in front of a crowd to get your butt on track. Let's hit goals together :)
  • DumbwaiterRainbow
    Options
    I am about a year away from our wedding. Ugh. Panic.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    i'm not getting married, but i have been married to my husband for 22 years. i know this isn't what you asked about, but i do have one tiny piece of unsolicited advice. please focus on the marriage and not the wedding. think long-term, not just for that day. i know you want to be beautiful, but you must already be beautiful (inside & out) or your fiance wouldn't love you.:heart::heart: :heart:

good luck with your weight-loss goals, but if you don't make it, don't beat yourself up. i can't wait to see you in your wedding gown. congrats and good luck :flowerforyou:

I loved this advice so do listen to it also and yes go try to meet your goals. I know on my wedding day I wanted to feel and look like a princess and I did feel that way on the day. You'll be beautiful to him even if you don't hit your goal weight I'm sure or he wouldn't be marrying you .
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I realistically expect to be engaged in the next 9 months and married in 12-16 months.

Not just grasping at straws- just the reality of our relationship and our conversations. Not sure how I feel about a big wedding- LOL- I just want really delicious steak dinner-some new bling a big party (big for me) with dancing- and a hell of a good time. That's about my expectations for a wedding.

i'm more concerned about the living together afterwards part! LOL
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    No thanks! Good luck to you though!
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options

i'm more concerned about the living together afterwards part! LOL

yes! that is the fun part! congrats!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Philp0718
    Philp0718 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am! I'm counting down to July 18th 2015!! :blushing:
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in May!!! Add me, and do you have FB? I have some challenge groups there that I am doing :-) #sweatingformywedding :-D
  • samanthalee87
    Options
    You'll be beautiful to him even if you don't hit your goal weight I'm sure or he wouldn't be marrying you .

LOVED reading this - so true, thank you :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You'll be beautiful to him even if you don't hit your goal weight I'm sure or he wouldn't be marrying you .

I've been with him 32 yrs next week so I hope I can give a bit of advice that perhaps is right :flowerforyou: Have a wonderful life, you are beautiful already.
  • samanthalee87
    Options

I've been with him 32 yrs next week so I hope I can give a bit of advice that perhaps is right :flowerforyou: Have a wonderful life, you are beautiful already.

Well geeze, now you're just making me tear up!!