tummy troubles

Options
Hi can any one help. i not a big eater and quiet active but need to lose my tummy fat can anyone suggest the best fat burner diet and exercise that might target the tummy area please most other areas are fine but need to lose the muffin top look !!:smile:

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you cannot spot reduce. You have to drop your overall body fat until it comes off. Same thing with diet - there's no such thing as a fat burner diet. If you eat at a moderate deficit and hit your macros, you'll be fine. A combination of cardio and heavy lifting would probably be your best bet for maintaining muscle mass while reducing body fat.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    agree with above poster.... just run, run and run some more, it will come off
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    agree with above poster.... Eat at a moderate caloric deficit, do a mixture of cardio and a heavy full body lifting routine, and be patient, it will come off

FIFY
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    as stated above you can't spot reduce-a mix of cardio and strength training (doesn't have to be HEAVY) your own body weight provides sufficient resistance .
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but abs are made in the kitchen, not a labratory. Cardio isn't even necessary, but resistance training helps.
  • bjurban
    Options
    I understand where you are coming from. I'm INCREDIBLY apple shaped, I have fairly small legs and arms but its ALL IN THE TUMMY! It stinks, I know, however you have to lose weight and tone up everywhere. You can't really just target the tummy (as annoying as it is!). Best of luck!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    as stated above you can't spot reduce-a mix of cardio and strength training (doesn't have to be HEAVY) your own body weight provides sufficient resistance .

Heavy is subjective. Bodyweight exercises can be considered "heavy".
  • Tnia
    Tnia Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you eat. You don't have to be a big eater to still have a tummy. I highly recommend Trx classes for 6 months to tone you tummy once you lose weight it will rebuild your abs muscle from inside out. You can do sit up and crunches all day but if you have fat around your belly there is no point. Abs are build in the kitchen.