I ran.

Options
13»

Replies

• doolz84
    doolz84 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!! I'm doing the same thing: not too fast, not real far, but incrementally...and it's awesome!!! Rock on!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

Careful though...you might find yourself getting addicted to running like I have!

Nobody would have ever thought I would become a running addict. Least of all me.
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    You rock!
  • kschwab999
    Options
    You go!!!! A teacher at the school I work with did the same thing!!! He could only run as far as the mailbox next door...But then he ran to the next mailbox, and the next one...pretty soon the whole block!!! He lost over 100 pounds this way!!!
  • dannyxtyler
    dannyxtyler Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    !!!!!!! Definitely a success!
  • du6157
    du6157 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Running is a mental game you play by yourself. First you talk yourself into getting your shoes on, then you talk yourself into going out the door. Then you talk yourself into warming up, and then FINALLY you take that first running step. Then you have the mental dialog about your speed, but HEY, you can say you ran today. Set a goal for time or distance every time you run, and finish it even if you have to walk most of it. It gets easier and more rewarding with time. You will have bad runs some days, but the good days make it worth it.
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • yarngiant
    yarngiant Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was walking a lot but when I first tried to run it seemed like I literally could not make my legs move like that...lol! It was like they'd forgotten how...like it is muscle memory or something. Now I run at least 2x a week. I've lost 70lbs so far....about 10 of that after I started running...but my clothes sure fit differently.. I'm slow but so what.

Congrats!
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You should check out C25K running program (Couch to 5K). I hadn't run in 10 years and a friend suggested it to me when I told him I wanted to start running. It's a run/walk program to ease a beginner into a running routine. There is the free version you can get on your phone (C25K by ZenLabs) or you can pay $1 for the add free version. It literately changed my life. I love to run now and I was at least 100 pounds overweight when I started the program.

I agree! Running has definitely been life changing! I have been overweight my entire 21 years on this planet and was never an athlete. Starting losing weight for the 2nd time in my life in May. Started C25k on my father's birthday, June 22nd. I used to be winded after 10-30 seconds of running and now I can do a 30 minute run just fine. I am currently doing C210k, or Couch to 10k, and went out for my very first hour long run over the weekend!!!

Congrats on starting to run :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!