Returning again, looking for supporters!

Options
Hello! I have been a member of MFP for 3 years on and off, of course yo yo dieting. In 2011, I lost my 1st 36 pounds and was well on my way to weight loss. then I was in a horrible car accident. It really took a lot out of me mentally and physically. I am fully healed from everything with that accident, although now I do have a heel issue, so I still can't work out like I used to. About 3 months ago, I found Herbalife and in my first month (30 days), lost 20 pounds in 30 days. this gave me the hope that I once had and lost...so here I am!!! Trying to do this again.

I do very well during the day but then ruin everything at night when my family (husband, and 2 boys) get home. Everything from snacks to wine gives me cravings. I struggle with not having that glass of wine while cooking dinner, or after my bath before bed to relax and unwind. if i could just cut out alcohol for 30 days, i'd do it :) So I am back on mfp, and i would like to delete my facebook account as it is a lot of drama and causing issues for my family. So I would like to find 100 friends on here who can support and motivate me to be that person I once was...and get back to living my life again!

Replies

• SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! I know the importance of it, so I would love to motivate you. Feel free to add me if you wish. ~Skye :flowerforyou:
  • ErvinaLoses
    ErvinaLoses Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome back!!!

I am just returning to mfp as well, as of yesterday. I was doing so well about 10 months ago and completely fell off my weight loss journey. I have about 90 pounds that I would like to lose by this time next year. It won't be easy but it's worth it! We can motivate each other, if you would like to add me. Peace and Blessings! :)

-Ervina

ps. Ever try strawberry wine? it is supposed to have less calories than grape-based wines
  • tsthomas03
    tsthomas03 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back! I will help support you!

We have a couple things in common: I am on here more than facebook = less drama and more educational/motivational. I also have the worst cravings in the evenings. Both my hubby and my son have very fast metabolism so they can eat endlessly and not gain an ounce.

I bottomed out and gained 70 pounds in a very short amount of time - diagnosed with hypothyrodism. Now that I have that under control, I am looking to lose the weight.

I am new to MFP but have enjoyed emersing myself in it for the last week. I like all the positivity! Who doesn't need more of that in life!
  • BIggestLoseraddict15
    Options
    Ervina, you can do it!! I have 70 that I want to lose. And yes, I love Strawberry wine...but too scared to still have it bc of the calories lol. Of course previously I was also drinking margaritas, four lokos and the lime a ritas with different flavors....which are all packed with calories sugar and whatever other ingredient goes straight to ur butt, lol.
  • staceymarie1971
    Options
    Feel free to add me and yey you for getting back on track!!
  • BIggestLoseraddict15
    Options
    That is so true!! I have been on FB for 7 years, and feel more positive energy from people I don't even know! I feel like FB is taking away from my life and when im not on it my house is clean and hubby happy. We have had some issues with it, and almost seperated. i think deleting it will help my marriage, but sometimes i dont know what to do without it. it would help my stress level so much to just keep this and let go of my FB page once and for all. And that is all i want at this point. i need my weight loss and marriage to be top priority because in turn that will help my boys, too.

And my husband and sons are the same way. my husband is thin and always has been and can eat whatever and however much he wants!! we have a very good friend who comes over a lot and he is eating constantly too and never gains the weight.
  • christinelimei
    christinelimei Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm pretty new here and looking for friends too. Feel free to add me :) What is Herbalife?
  • christinelimei
    christinelimei Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That is so true!! I have been on FB for 7 years, and feel more positive energy from people I don't even know! I feel like FB is taking away from my life and when im not on it my house is clean and hubby happy. We have had some issues with it, and almost seperated. i think deleting it will help my marriage, but sometimes i dont know what to do without it. it would help my stress level so much to just keep this and let go of my FB page once and for all. And that is all i want at this point. i need my weight loss and marriage to be top priority because in turn that will help my boys, too.

And my husband and sons are the same way. my husband is thin and always has been and can eat whatever and however much he wants!! we have a very good friend who comes over a lot and he is eating constantly too and never gains the weight.

My husband is the same way! He is lean and always has been and never gains bad weight no matter what, it seems. haha
  • BIggestLoseraddict15
    Options
    Hi! Herbalife is a cellular nutrition company that promotes weight loss. more of a lifestyle change than a diet. you can either do shakes, tea, or tablets, or if you want all 3. I did the advanced kit which has all 3 in it, and lost 20 pounds in 30 days. I am starting another round on it next week. I want to lose at least 15 by October 30th. But i have to work on my night time routine :/
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I am coming back too after setbacks self inflicted. I would love to help you too in your journey. What about that skinny girl line of drinks? There are low carb wines? Well id say if you must have it do it once make one full cup and split it in two for your two times you like or if you do well in the week have one day you can have it or just make it a half or 1 3rd glass so then its not that much of a craving.
  • BIggestLoseraddict15
    Options
    Thank you! That is really good advice. I didn't know there were low carb wines, and no I haven't tried the skinny girl line wines...I will definitely look into all of that!
  • cherith778
    Options
    I'm new here and am also looking for some support, adds would be appreciated. Congrats on getting back into the swing of things! Best of luck :)
  • BIggestLoseraddict15
    Options
    Bumping my post :) Looking for new friends on here who are users for extra motivation and supporr
  • cajunurmamma
    Options
    welcome back!! I just returned in July and am sticking to it faithfully this time... it's working!!
  • BIggestLoseraddict15
    Options
    welcome back!! I just returned in July and am sticking to it faithfully this time... it's working!!

Thats great!! Its working for me too. Im trying to lose 30-40 pounds by Christmas