Stuck, Stuck, Stuck

Options
madonifer
madonifer Posts: 30 Member
So I've been stuck at this weight for almost 2 months now. I am 5'0 (143 pounds) I want to lose 10 pounds by December but having a hard time believing I can since my weight won't budge. Anyone have any tips or tricks to jumpstart this fat? Thank you!

Replies

• newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I can tell you that a weekly goal for weight loss with the little you have to lose is 0.5 lbs/week.
  • olgasgarden
    olgasgarden Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    try to go salt free for a few days. it is possible you are eating salt and not really realizing it. For example crackers can be full of salt, rotisserie chicken in covered in salt. if your plateau is related to salt u should see difference in less then a week.

basically, i was on a plateau a few weeks ago. it drove me nuts. i cut salt and BAM, weight started to roll off. try cooking or grilling food without salt. my new fav is grilled salmon with lemon. lemon is a great substitute for salt.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Use a food scale for everything solid. Log everything, being careful to use appropriate entries. Such as raw entries for raw meat, cooked entries if you weigh it cooked. Read labels, carefully. Often they'll say something like 1 serving (112g), approx. 2 servings per package. But then the package is 260 grams which is MORE than 2 servings. Account for cooking oils, condiments.

100% accurate and honest logging is the key when your deficit is small.
  • madonifer
    madonifer Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great Idea. Thank you :)