Workout Videos at Home

Options
Has anyone had success only working out at home? I work full time and am in grad school. At the end of the day, I just want to follow along to a free video on YouTube.

Does anyone have any suggestions for their favorite videos or any success?

Replies

• BKing0804
    Options
    Yes!

All.The.Time! I don't have a gym membership at this time. I have tried on several occasions to go to the gym but it wound up being a waste of time and especially money.

I have A LOT of Zumba DVD sets for the TV, XBox and WiiU that I love. I also have a library of Yoga DVDs from Tara Stiles (If you are in to Yoga, Tara has a ton of free online Videos through YouTube that you could check out) to Shiva Rea. I also have a collection of Winsor Pilates DVDs from Mari Winsor. These are the main workouts that I like to do from Home. It works with having a busy schedule at work and at home. No more driving15 minutes to and from the gym wasting precious time that I could have else where.

Plus walking/jogging out side is great and it's free. Gives you a nice breath of fresh air to rejuvinate yourself.

Good luck and keep moving!
    ~B
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Tony Horton, the guy who does P90X, has some free Youtube workouts. Autumn Calabrese, the woman who does 21 Day Fix (Beachbody), has some free Youtube videos. I also like Tone It Up's channel. I also really like Real Fit TV's Youtube Channel. GymRa has good videos on Youtube. ZuzkaLight has good YT videos. Also check out BeFit's YT channel.

Most of these include full length workouts. I hope some of these suggestions helped you.
  • fruitsalad15
    fruitsalad15 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I really like Jillian Michaels DVD's. The 30 Day Shred is really popular because it only takes 20 minutes and I lost weight doing that. I think Ripped in 30 is more effective though. (that's 25 minutes)

I also really like Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. Its a bit longer and is really hard work but really good for cardio.

She has loads out so you can really take your pick. I like mixing it up and doing different ones for a few days.

I can only really work out at home when my little one is asleep so DVD's are the only way for me to go!

Good luck in your weight loss journey!

Adding - most of these are available on youtube!
  • Chaidell
    Chaidell Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I do workouts at home a lot! My favorites are the Jillian Michaels workouts, and almost all of them are available on YouTube or other video streaming sites.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I have had great success only working out at home (or around home, walks, runs etc). I like using videos too since programs keep me on time and scheduled so I don't get lazy deciding what to do. I LOVE Fitnessblender.com and they have all their stuff up on YT too, they offer a little bit of everything so its great for all kinds of workouts. I also really loved the 30DS when I first started out as well as Body Revolution, though they aren't free they are effective and great for if you dont have internet connection all the time.
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Yes! I've lost all my weight at home. I do have a treadmill but also do a lot of workouts on YouTube. My favorite is FitnessBlender.com they have a website and YouTube channel - all are free!!! You may want to invest in some dumbells :)

Editing to add: I work full time and have two kids (10 and 7) who are very active in sports, etc, so have no time or desire to go to a gym for workouts. I need to make my workouts fit my schedule without the headache of having to drive somewhere before I even start. No gym in the foreseeable future for me, it's totally doable at home.
  • lynndiewilhelm
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE the walk away the pounds videos. There's videos for free on youtube for walking one mile, all the way up to walking 6 I think. I am on the 4 mile and have lost almost 10 lbs this last month using them in my living room. I am expanding to the gym now because I want to try out some of the different equipment, but I would suggest the Walk Away the Pounds videos as well. :) They were a game changer for me!
  • bigsistruck
    bigsistruck Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I do ALL of my workouts at home! I do some on YouTube as well, and I have a lot of step dvds. My current favorite is my Firm Express set though, they are only 20 minutes long, and are a HIIT-like workout. You get 12 dvds in a set and you do them 3 times a week so you only do each one ONCE a month so it keeps it interesting! I just do step on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I am more motivated to do the Firm workouts because I know in my head it's only going to be 20 minutes (although they're tough)! You can get them on Amazon for about $27 right now. =)
  • DaniellaB1995
    DaniellaB1995 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love using FitnessBlender.com workouts, they're all free, TONS of different types of videos (HIIT cardio, yoga, strength training, etc). You can watch on their site or through their youtube
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I've followed along with hella different Zumba YouTube videos... and I've lost weight like that. I exercise almost everyday in my living room. :flowerforyou: I don't go to any gym at all.
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Bumping to check out later
  • amrluvarr
    amrluvarr Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had success only working out at home? I work full time and am in grad school. At the end of the day, I just want to follow along to a free video on YouTube.

Does anyone have any suggestions for their favorite videos or any success?

OMG! Yes YES YES!!!! I lost my first 55/60 lbs at home with FREE You tube Videos and still workout to them to this day but I now have a gym membership which I don't care for. I only go for the toning and things that I can't do at home but I'm changing that, realizing that I can buy the equipment for my home and do it just as well. I have plenty of save favorite videos from you tube so I can change it up at any time. NO Excuses! :) Add me if you like as well.
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I love using FitnessBlender.com workouts, they're all free, TONS of different types of videos (HIIT cardio, yoga, strength training, etc). You can watch on their site or through their youtube

Very good ones there!!!!
  • StephanieL14
    StephanieL14 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've been using Jillian Michaels' DVDs as well. First did the 30 Day Shred and then Ripped in 30. Now that I'm done those programs, I am using Shred It with Weights and Extreme Shed and Shred. They are all interval workouts and you don't need super heavy weights (I have a 5 lb and 10 lb set). I'm seeing great results and will likely add her yoga DVDs to my rotation.
  • Maquillage_
    Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I swear by Blogilates! Casey originated on youtube making POP Pilates videos, but now she's blown up and has a website and an app! If you're new to pilates you should start with beginners calender, which is free on blogilates.com or you can pay 99c and have it in the app. Casey releases a new calender every month for you to follow. It's basically a free workout plan!

I lost 30lbs without really exercises. I then started blogilates about 4 months ago. Weight loss has slowed down. Since I started blogilates I've lost about 12lbs, and I've seen more of a change in my body from just losing 12lbs and exercising than I did with losing 30lbs without exercise!
  • MsDellyssa
    MsDellyssa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    And now for something a little bit slower but burns just as good: Launchpad: Low-Impact Workouts for Obesity and Limited Mobility
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I work out only at home. I use Youtube often. I like fitnessblender's workouts, jillian michaels, tae bo, pilates, yoga, dancing, dumbbell workouts, all sorts of stuff.

Just search in youtube the type of workout that you want. I am sure it is there.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I only work out at home, unless I go hiking somewhere. I use YouTube for just about everything: zumba, kickboxing, pilates, yoga, etc. And I have an app on my iPhone that I use for strength or circuit training. I also have an elliptical, but I haven't been able to use it lately because it irritates my plantar fasciitis.
  • macnma01
    macnma01 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Tone It Up has a bunch of free videos as well. They focus on different body parts and range anywhere from 5-20ish mins. The shorter videos are designed for you to do them two or three times to make sure you get in multiple sets.