Officially 3 Months into the Journey

Options
missbethea
missbethea Posts: 280 Member
I am now 3 months into this journey- and the last week or two I've felt like I was losing steam. So today I decided to sit down, map out my progress, and WOW is it inspiring. I've done a lot better this week than I did the last week or so, and now I am glad that I didn't give up and pulled myself out of that slump because when I see my numbers so far, I have so much excitement and hope for success.

Numbers don't lie- even if I have a hard time seeing much of a difference when I look at myself in the mirror. I take a lot of measurements so my "inches" number isn't really as impressive as it looks. But here is where I am at currently vs. my starting numbers.

Weight Lost: 22lbs. (216-194) That's about 7lbs a month. Not too shabby.

Total Inches Lost: 18.5
Bust: 2 inches down (48-46)
Underbust: 2 inches down (42-40)
Waist: 3.5 inches down (43-39.5)
Navel: 3.5 inches down (46-42.5)
Hips: 3.5 inches down (47-43.5)
Thighs: 2 inches down (23-22 in each thigh)
Arms: 2 inches down (14-13 in each arm)

I accomplished this through watching what I eat and exercise. I use My Fitness Pal to track calories and exercise, and I have a Fitbit to adjust my calorie numbers if I have a supremely lazy day. I haven't starved myself, and there have been lots of days that I've just eaten what I wanted and not worried. Also, I'm drinking lots of water. Water is good. But in all seriousness, MFP has been my saving grace. This community is amazing and if you follow the "program"- IT WORKS.

I'm far from my goal. My goal weight at the moment is 150- and when I get there, I will re-evaluate my goal and see if I want to lose more or not. I am literally 1/3 of the way there, though. I am hoping by January to at leas be 1/2 way to that goal- if not 2/3 of the way there. But I am determined that I will do this. A bad week here or there happens- but it's long-term that matters. And long-term I want to be healthier and happier. And I'm accomplishing that one step at a time right now.

But basically- when you're losing steam and thinking "this is impossible" just stop and look at your progress so far! I busted my *kitten* to get this far. I am proud of myself. And when you realize how much can be accomplished with effort in such a small time frame, you'll want to keep going. You'll realize how silly it would be to stop now.

Replies

• BancroftLady
    BancroftLady Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
    I am now 3 months into this journey- and the last week or two I've felt like I was losing steam. So today I decided to sit down, map out my progress, and WOW is it inspiring. I've done a lot better this week than I did the last week or so, and now I am glad that I didn't give up and pulled myself out of that slump because when I see my numbers so far, I have so much excitement and hope for success.

Numbers don't lie- even if I have a hard time seeing much of a difference when I look at myself in the mirror. I take a lot of measurements so my "inches" number isn't really as impressive as it looks. But here is where I am at currently vs. my starting numbers.

Weight Lost: 22lbs. (216-194) That's about 7lbs a month. Not too shabby.

Total Inches Lost: 18.5
    Bust: 2 inches down (48-46)
    Underbust: 2 inches down (42-40)
    Waist: 3.5 inches down (43-39.5)
    Navel: 3.5 inches down (46-42.5)
    Hips: 3.5 inches down (47-43.5)
    Thighs: 2 inches down (23-22 in each thigh)
    Arms: 2 inches down (14-13 in each arm)

I accomplished this through watching what I eat and exercise. I use My Fitness Pal to track calories and exercise, and I have a Fitbit to adjust my calorie numbers if I have a supremely lazy day. I haven't starved myself, and there have been lots of days that I've just eaten what I wanted and not worried. Also, I'm drinking lots of water. Water is good. But in all seriousness, MFP has been my saving grace. This community is amazing and if you follow the "program"- IT WORKS.

I'm far from my goal. My goal weight at the moment is 150- and when I get there, I will re-evaluate my goal and see if I want to lose more or not. I am literally 1/3 of the way there, though. I am hoping by January to at leas be 1/2 way to that goal- if not 2/3 of the way there. But I am determined that I will do this. A bad week here or there happens- but it's long-term that matters. And long-term I want to be healthier and happier. And I'm accomplishing that one step at a time right now.

But basically- when you're losing steam and thinking "this is impossible" just stop and look at your progress so far! I busted my *kitten* to get this far. I am proud of myself. And when you realize how much can be accomplished with effort in such a small time frame, you'll want to keep going. You'll realize how silly it would be to stop now.
  • KC7997
    KC7997 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this important reminder!

Also, way to go so far! :-)
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! And I echo thanks for the reminder. In six months, we can either be slimmer or the same...either way, the six months will go by. :)
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very well done!

Wise words, particularly for me at the moment. Thank you :-)
  • lunalee84
    lunalee84 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Well done. It is easy to lose sight of the bigger picture. You have done a great job !
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Great job! Yes I love this app myself and our goals are pretty similar. I've set mine GW at 155 but may try a little lower. SW was 215.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!