The boulder has budged!

fevre
fevre Posts: 60 Member
edited September 23 in Success Stories
I've been maintaining the weight of 145 for about 2 years now, and wasn't doing anything about it because it wasn't really overweight (though it is ALL fat) and because it wasn't going any higher. Finally over the holidays I gained some weight and realized I had to take action before my complacency led to a serious weight problem. I lost the extra few pounds I gained, but then I felt like I wasn't losing anything else - stuck again at 145! However, I weighed myself today and I've lost another 2.5 pounds! That makes me halfway to my first goal of breaking 140!

Compared to all of you out there, I know this isn't much - but knowing that this dieting is really doing something has completely renewed my resolve. This giant boulder that is my weight has been stuck in the mud for years, and it's finally budged...and in the right direction!

Replies

• YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Progress is progress and that is fantastic news! Great job sticking with it. :)
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    You rock! Keep it up!! :)
  • AScheif
    AScheif Posts: 157 Member
    Congratulations! That is soo great! I also have the same problem! I plateau at 145 ALL THE TIME! I don't think I have seen under 145 in forever and under 140 since NEVER! So its good to know that it can be done!
  • svgaedtke
    svgaedtke Posts: 69 Member
    Have you done anything differnt to move past 145? Congrats! what a great feeling!
  • sarahemily86
    sarahemily86 Posts: 78 Member
    I feel the same way! I've weighed the same for the past 1 1/2-2 years until now! I'm on my way to a healthier, thinner me :)
    Congrats on your progess!!
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    no matter how small a loss is a loss - well done!!! :D
  • fevre
    fevre Posts: 60 Member
    Have you done anything differnt to move past 145? Congrats! what a great feeling!

I joined MFP at 145, just about a week and a half ago. I had never really done anything about my weight - in my senior year of high school and the summers around it I gained about 20 pounds, maintained it through my first year and a half of college, and finally got sick of it and joined MFP. I've never been an active person so I'm not doing a lot of exercise just yet (I'd like to start soon, but I'm afraid changing too much at once will scare me off), I've just been sticking to my calorie limit as closely as I can!
  • smmljs
    smmljs Posts: 18 Member
    good job!
  • svgaedtke
    svgaedtke Posts: 69 Member

I joined MFP at 145, just about a week and a half ago. I had never really done anything about my weight - in my senior year of high school and the summers around it I gained about 20 pounds, maintained it through my first year and a half of college, and finally got sick of it and joined MFP. I've never been an active person so I'm not doing a lot of exercise just yet (I'd like to start soon, but I'm afraid changing too much at once will scare me off), I've just been sticking to my calorie limit as closely as I can!
    I see congrats again!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!