being going to gym for 2month and havent lost any weight

Options
Hi,
I've been going to the gym 5 days a week sometimes 6 for last 2 month. Doing cardio and Weights as well as eating a lot better than I have. I started at 100kg and still I am at 100kg. I have a Personal Trainer once a week and she said not to worry. I'm trying to loose 20kg for my wedding in march and im starting to worry.

I can tell that I'm getting stronger but I would like to see some results on the scales before I get all depressed and just want to give up.

Do I listen to my trainer and not to worry, or should I have started to see some weight lost within the 2months.
Last time I did My Fitness pal I was losing around .8kg each week when i wasn't doing any exercise. this time I'm eating nicer and hitting the gym a lot and nothing is happening

Replies

• amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Open your Diary.

You may be eating "healthier" while still eating too many calories.
  • anzi888
    anzi888 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements!!! ... You probably lost inches/cm which is IMO just as good as losing weight. :)
  • Candaroo
    Candaroo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Since you are weightlifiting in addition to cardio that may be why you aren't losing. Have you taken your measurements? That is a better indicator than the number on the scale. Do your clothes fit differently now than when you started?
  • anzi888
    anzi888 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Open your Diary.

and this!
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Eating healthy or "nicer". Is not the same as being in a calorie deficit.

simply put, Regardless of your physical activity level you must be in a calorie deficit to lose fat.

If you have not lost fat in the last 2 months then you have not been in a calorie deficit.
  • agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    If you're lifting weights, it may take a while for the weight to fall off, but you should see changes in inches. Have you noticed your clothes fitting looser? Keep doing what you're doing and check for lost weight after another month. Talk to your personal trainer some more about your concerns; they know their stuff.
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Open your Diary.

This. Just because you are eating healthier doesn't mean you are in a deficit.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Open your Diary.

The person literally signed up today. I suspect the healthier = too many calories still.

OP, get a food scale, log for a month and then report back.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Since opening your diary won't tell us anything (I see you are new as of today) start logging today. Log for a few weeks and if you are still having problems with not losing then ask someone to look at it to help you out.

In the meantime, read these links:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Open your Diary.

The person literally signed up today. I suspect the healthier = too many calories still.

Good point.

OP, weigh everything. Measuring cups don't cut it with solid foods. Also, if you are using MFP to estimate calorie burns and eating calories back, it overestimates. Eat back a portion.
  • Calren2
    Calren2 Posts: 15
    Options
    50kg is doable, but as others have said, open your diary to the public, or friend a few of us here. We'll take a look at it over the next few days as you're beginning to log your food and workouts to see what's up, but it really sounds like while the quality of food has improved you're still eating the same amount of calories, so not getting into a deficit. If you're eating back all of the calories burned through your workouts.

Now, that aside you said you're lifting weights. That's good but I have to ask the following: what exercises, how heavy, and how many reps & sets? Are you progressively increasing the amount you can and do lift? Remember that muscle takes up less space than body fat, so you really should be tracking your measurements month to month.

Like I said, let us look at your diary and we'll be able to offer suggestions then. Welcome to the MFP forums!

EDIT: Actually since it's been pointed out that you're new as of today, here's an idea: what'd you eat yesterday? No counting from memory, just a general list for each meal.
  • nzrocketman0
    Options
    i had to Make a new account as mine got messed up with fitbit and they couldn't fix it. it was giving me an extra 3000 calories to eat each day for my exercise when it should have been around the 400 calories
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You can't outexercise a bad diet. Start focusing on what you're eating. And welcome to MFP!
  • nzrocketman0
    Options
    50kg is doable, but as others have said, open your diary to the public, or friend a few of us here. We'll take a look at it over the next few days as you're beginning to log your food and workouts to see what's up, but it really sounds like while the quality of food has improved you're still eating the same amount of calories, so not getting into a deficit. If you're eating back all of the calories burned through your workouts.

Now, that aside you said you're lifting weights. That's good but I have to ask the following: what exercises, how heavy, and how many reps & sets? Are you progressively increasing the amount you can and do lift? Remember that muscle takes up less space than body fat, so you really should be tracking your measurements month to month.

Like I said, let us look at your diary and we'll be able to offer suggestions then. Welcome to the MFP forums!

EDIT: Actually since it's been pointed out that you're new as of today, here's an idea: what'd you eat yesterday? No counting from memory, just a general list for each meal.

I got measurements taken after the first month. haven't had a re-measure yet

My personal training runs me through the weight season making sure the weights are right and reps. and I'm increasing the weight as i got. so I know I'm building muscle. for example I could only do 2 assisted pull up on the easiest level a week later I could do 12.

I'm probably doing 50/50 cardio to weights. which I like so I don't get bored.
  • nzrocketman0
    Options
    Open your Diary.

I had to make a new account as my previous one got wreck when using fitbit. was giving a extra 3000 calories to work with ontop of my base. No one could tell how to fix it so had to deleted and recreate account
  • Sarahclaybaugh
    Sarahclaybaugh Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I agree with pretty much everything that is already being said here. Weight loss is not always the most accurate way of measuring success when it come to getting healthier. Here are my thoughts:

1. Is your personal trainer measure your body fat %? I know that last month when my trainer and I looked at my results, I only lost 1 lb total, but had lost 4 lbs in fat. Now that you're training, your body composition is changing and that helps bring you better looking results in the end.

2. Like everyone's said before, look at your food intake, measure everything, a calorie deficit is the only way to lose weight.

3. Don't just look at the scale, I always use my favorite jeans or dress as an indicator of how I'm doing when it comes to results. At the end of the day, it sounds like you just want to look great in your wedding dress and whether you are 0 kg or 20 kg lighter, it sounds like activity wise you are doing all the right things, just make sure to keep your diet in check as well, so that you can get maximum results.

Sounds like you are working your butt off, I am sure it will all pay off in the end!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    caloric deficit = weight loss. Start logging, weighing and measuring, you'll lose.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    many things just dont add up here for me.
    give us at least your height/weight/ age stats and how many calories consumed daily.
    profile says 55 llbs to lose.
    no way a personal trainer is working towards YOUR goal.
    sounds like a weight lifting fixation without prioritising weight loss imo.
    are you taking supplements to bulk up too?
    my first two months of gym/ diet resulted in 26llbs weight loss.
    too huge a variance for something not be very wrong from your targets.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Open your Diary.

I had to make a new account as my previous one got wreck when using fitbit. was giving a extra 3000 calories to work with ontop of my base. No one could tell how to fix it so had to deleted and recreate account

Oh ok.. The issue that we still have, we don't know what you were eating and how much. We can always start with some basics such as, do you use a food scale?