Sample 'Menus'

Options
Hello there-
I've been eating what I think I should and logging daily and I'm generally at or very close to my goal (sometimes a bit over or under >100 cals) I've also adjusted how much salt I was taking in but I still seem to kind of be in a slump. It's been about a month and I've only lost 2 lbs. I mix up my gym routine but typically go about 6 days a week for an hour.

SOoo.. my point is maybe I'm just not eating the right stuff at the right times. If I could get a few sample menus of what your weekly meals look like it would be so helpful!

Thanks a bunch!

Replies

• lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I don't have any menus, still trying different things, but 1/2lb per week isn't bad IMHO
  • Brunette_H
    Brunette_H Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, my diary is open and you are welcome to look at it. I've been losing an average of 3 pounds a week (a bit more in the first couple of weeks but it's settled down now), although I had a little more than you to lose so would expect it to be a bit faster over these first weeks though.
  • eguerrette
    eguerrette Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I would look first at water intake, and at fats. And it's possible that you've just plateaued for a bit, having lost the first 15 pounds.

My diary is open, but a bit boring.

Also, are you weighing out everything you eat, or measuring everything? I pretty much live by my scale or by pre-measured portions.

Beyond that, my only advice is to eat real food, as minimally processed as possible. Apples, if you like them; vegetables, other fruits. Hummus. Chicken breasts with a low fat sauce (Satay sauce, bbq sauce, etc.) How much bread are you eating? Bread is shockingly calorie dense for what you actually get.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I am glad you asked. I need ideas too :)