hi

msflower
msflower Posts: 1
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hello,

I am new to this. Just thought I'd say hi. I have a ton of weight to lose and a job where I'm sitting all the time. I'm also the single mother of 3 sons. So, I have very little me time. I was inspired by some who has 4 jobs and manages to make time to exercise. So, here I am.

I'm in the very eary stages. Right now I'm keeping track of what I eat so I can work out a program to cut back and to eat healthy. I think "seeing" what I eat on paper first is the way to go. So, then when I cut back, I'll feel better about it. I don't think I'm very aware of what I'm eat and how much.I often skip meals and I know that isn't good. I plan to make this a gradual change so that I don't give up.

I look at this a life style change, not a temporary solution. The weight always comes back. So here's hoping I stick to my guns and change my life style to become more active and healthy! I looking forward to meeting new people along the way!

~ Eileen

Replies

• welcome! and congratulations on making the decision to adopt a healthy lifestyle! MFP will definitely help make you more aware of what you're putting in your body. and in just a few weeks, you'll be proud of yourself when you look back at the small changes you're starting to make & see how much better they make you feel. best of luck to you!:flowerforyou:
  • auval622
    auval622 Posts: 15 Member
    Welcome, This a great start!!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Hi There Eileen! welcome! It seems like you have the right attitude to be successful (the lifestyle change one, that is). I am sure you will find that this website will help a lot. :smile:
  • Macalllenee
    Macalllenee Posts: 6 Member
    you got it eileen!! thats the way to go. make it a lifestyle not a "diet" cause..diets always end! and when they end what happens? weight comes back! im in simliar process too. its crazy what can make your healthy eating days end horrible by one simple snack mistake! heres to sticking to our guns and getting this extra weight off...good ideas for sitting jobs. buy leg weights or free weights and in your spare time do some curls or leg lifts..even in your seat:) squats and lunges are awesome too! good luck
  • trishb1
    trishb1 Posts: 8 Member
    you got to stop gaining before you start losing or you will strip a gear.....good start....hang in there
This discussion has been closed.