Carbs

Options
I'm not planning to go Adkins, but I was wondering what number range would be healthy. My carbs is between 250-300 which I think is incredibly high. What are some food suggestions you have that don't contain a ton of carbs? Obviously a majority is in bread, pasta and so on..For bread, I have 2 slices per day. Pasta can vary. Ideas?

Replies

• beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think 45%-50% of your calories should come from carbs in a healthy balanced diet. It totally depends on how many calories you're eating in a day. I looked at your diary for the past few days and you're at 60-70% carbs. If you're losing weight at the rate you are wanting to, then that many carbs may be working for your body. everything is personalized toward your own body, and the same thing doesn't work for everyone. :)

ETA: I just read your post, and realized you were asking for suggestions :-/ most of your carbs look pretty healthy though
  • KoffeeKitten
    Options
    Honestly....don't eat bread. At all. Pasta...I wouldn't eat that either. Very high carb. If you eat either, make sure its one serving size of one or the other - not both - once a day. You could look into doing something like carb cycling. One day is higher carbs, and one day is low. Along with a workout plan. Look it up. :) My sister is a body builder, so she's taught me a ton. Haha... <3 I love carbs...they are my fav thing EVER. But...sadly. Any amount of them make me gain weight FAST. If you eat carbs...its best to pair them with a nice lean protein, and a green. Serving sizes only. Also...natural carbs. Fruits, veggies....that sort of thing.

Good luck!! :)

-Kel
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    According to Spark People my goal is to eat 1400-1500 calories a day..or (1700-1800 on exercise calories)

These are what i saw according to spark people

Calories 1500 range
    Carbs- 169-244
    Fat- 38-58 g
    Protien- 60-131 g
  • KoffeeKitten
    Options
    You are right! Everyone is different! I'm very sensitive to carbs...and love the darn things. lol. I can't eat many of them at all, or weight loss ceases. So I have to be very careful, and balance them really well. :)
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    You are free to look at my diary, advice is always needed. Looking for ways to improve a bit..I know i gotta drink less coffee and more water..:laugh:
  • RobertaG
    RobertaG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Have you tried tofu shirataki noodles? THEY ARE LIFE CHANGING!
  • richiefixo
    richiefixo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i recommend eating carbs on days when you will be doing a lot of high intensity working out...but on normal days when you dont do any exercise limit the carbs....i run almost everyday and therefore have to eat alot of carbs (above 200g) everyday to keep my energy levels up for the run and for the rest of my activities. i eat whole wheat pasta on these days...much better than the refined carbs.
  • glugar
    glugar Posts: 1
    Options
    I would keep your carbs as low as possible but understand that all carbs are not created equal. Definitely stay away from simple/processed carbs and consume complex carbs (lots of fiber).
  • WalkingGirl1985
    Options
    what are some examples of complex carbs? fruits/veggies?