Dumb question, Did I lose muscle?

Options
Long story short- enjoyed my summer, ate well and slept in alot. I gained about 6 lbs in the last 3 months (not worried about the lbs). When i get back on track will i have lost muscle? I lifted maybe once or twice a week. Left pic is June right pic is Sept. I know this is not the best example cus the pose is diff but just curious to what everyone else thinks. i certainly hope my guns and quads are still there! Have a fab week everyone!

IMG_8335_zpsb54d5bc6.jpg

Replies

• bshot1
    bshot1 Posts: 44
    Options
    Muscle is metabolically expensive to make, so the body wont just discard it unless necessary. Honestly, since you gained weight and it hasn't been that long, I'd say you probably didn't lose much if any.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    1. Measure before and after (kinda hard now to measure before, but for future reference)
    2. Can you lift more or less?
  • oOTeresaOo
    oOTeresaOo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Liftting the same amount of weight. Just less frequently. Havent attempted to increase weight.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Is your weight different?
    Is your BF% different?
    Are your measurements different?

Those will give you an answer, a picture won't. For all one can tell, the picture on the right has more fat.
  • oOTeresaOo
    oOTeresaOo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Muscle is metabolically expensive to make, so the body wont just discard it unless necessary. Honestly, since you gained weight and it hasn't been that long, I'd say you probably didn't lose much if any.

Makes a lot of sense. Thank you!