How many cashews = 25 grams?

Options
I need help. I don't have a measuring cup or scale and I need to know approximately how many cashews are in 25grams. I bought a large bag of cashews and I want to know how many calories I'm consuming.... THANKS! Does 18 cashews = 30 grams sound accurate to you? http://www.health24.com/dietnfood/Healthy_foods/15-18-21-638.asp

Replies

• atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    What helped me in the past is seeing how many servings were in the container and then counting them out into that many piles and putting them in serving bags (sandwich or snack bags). Hope this is helpful.
  • warrior_underdog
    Options
    Sounds right! I just went and weighed some of my cashews hehe. 18 cashes were 26 grams on my scale.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    sounds about right
  • ski3r4life
    ski3r4life Posts: 206
    Options
    Awesome guys! Thanks for the help!
  • Wightvixen
    Wightvixen Posts: 117
    Options
    I would highly recommend buying a scale, it's really an essential item of equipment for counting calories, I'd be lost without one.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Not cashew related but I weighed out that 12 almonds is 30g. and about 177 cals. I'm too scared to eat them haha!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    You'll get a few more in if they are raw than if they've been oiled and salted.

When you can fit it into the budget, it's great to have a food scale. Irregularly shaped objects like nuts can be tough to measure accurately without weighing them.
  • codacho
    codacho Posts: 1
    Options
    Shiet, I've been eating 6 cashews as 25grams, I guess I can get some more
  • lucasmoten
    lucasmoten Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Depends on whether they are normal weight, overweight, obese, or morbidly obese cashews.
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Options
    Depends on whether they are normal weight, overweight, obese, or morbidly obese cashews.

HAHAHAHA!!!!
  • BabyRottie
    BabyRottie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hilarious!!

Interesting that the bag I have in my hand says a serving size is 40g.... I certainly wouldn't go there! I can think of many things that would be more filling for the same number of Kj (1036)!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Cashews are SO high calorie

*I grab 'em by the handful everytime I pass my kitchen*

Wish they weren't like crack, so damn good and so bad for you :P

**I do log them though**