New Find: Crystal Light Pure

Options
I'm allergic to artificial sweeteners, which means I had to give up all crystal light, diet pop, sugar-free foods, etc. That was four years ago. Then earlier this month I was in the supermarket and spotted Crystal Light Pure. It's all natural, no artificial sweeteners, Crystal Light!! I've tried it and NO allergic reactions!! I LOVE IT!!!

So I wanted to get the word out about it. If you are looking to drink more water but don't want preservatives or artificial sweeteners, you might want to pick some up.

Replies

• cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Do you live in the US? I live in Canada and drink Crystal Light all the time (but am a little wary of the artificial sweeteners in them), but I have not seen this. I may have to do a little cross border grocery shopping. :)
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Love Crystal Light. Hate that it has the artificial sweeteners. Was happy to see them make a version without it.....but ugh....I've only ever seen 2-3 different flavors....and they aren't flavors I find yummy. I was bummed. :(
    Glad it worked out for you though! Hard to find things to drink that aren't bad for you!
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    That sounds great! I'll have to look for it when I go to the store. How about the coloring? Are the flavors highly/intensely colored? I'm not allergic to food coloring but I hate the way it goes through my body, if you know what I mean. The day after I drink it I think I might be bleeding to death! lol. Just curious, I'll have to check it out!
  • cdngrl81
    Options
    That sounds great! I'll have to look for it when I go to the store. How about the coloring? Are the flavors highly/intensely colored? I'm not allergic to food coloring but I hate the way it goes through my body, if you know what I mean. The day after I drink it I think I might be bleeding to death! lol. Just curious, I'll have to check it out!

Holy cow!! I have never had that problem and I drink the raspberry one all the time (and it is very dark red).
  • cdngrl81
    Options
    Love Crystal Light. Hate that it has the artificial sweeteners. Was happy to see them make a version without it.....but ugh....I've only ever seen 2-3 different flavors....and they aren't flavors I find yummy. I was bummed. :(
    Glad it worked out for you though! Hard to find things to drink that aren't bad for you!

Which flavors did they have (I am very picky)?
  • jhann16
    jhann16 Posts: 62
    Options
    I live in the US (Ohio specifically). So far at my Meijer they have grape, kiwi-strawberry, lemon--according to their website two new flavors will be released soon.

The drink is colored but it boasts "all natural ingredients" so maybe the colors are natural? I dunno, I'll check into it. But I think the colors are pretty light. For instance the grape is a light purple color--light enough to see through the bottle of water that I put it into. Also, I found that I can actually use 3/4 a packet in 1 bottle and it tastes about the same as a whole packet.

I'm hoping it'll sell really well and start a new trend! It would be awesome to have drink options again!
  • aspeck23
    Options
    I like to make green tea (iced), then add a partial packet of CL Pure in the lemon lime flavor. I usually have it in the afternoons when I'm feeling a little snacky at work.