How many calories burned chasing toddlers? ;)

_Christine_
_Christine_ Posts: 1,385 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Okay, need help. There has to be something on here to track that. ;)

Replies

• soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Ha!ha! Good one. Try a HRM.
  • momofssc
    momofssc Posts: 11 Member
    Excellent question. My little one just learned to walk. I can't keep up with her at times!
  • Amb1976
    Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
    haha! how about swinging a 9 yo around in circles while he hangs onto your waist lol:laugh:
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    they get less physical as they age but the talk that comes out of teenagers should be good for some sort of workout. Arguing with a teen over car usage, boys, friends, the fact that HS is hard mentally yadda yadda.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    4,362,584,213 cals:smile:
  • loriefolk
    loriefolk Posts: 352
    LOL! Good one!
  • BecciL
    BecciL Posts: 49
    4,362,584,213 cals:smile:

I know it feels like that ! LOL:noway:
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    I work in early intervention..and some days I am tempted to wear my hrm to work just to see how many calories I burn doing speech therapy/chasing toddlers around :)

bet its more than what I burn doing biggest loser workout for kinect! haha
  • Obviously not enough otherwise I'd look like Jennifer Aniston. :ohwell:
  • If I am doing strenous play with my two-year old, I find something comparable. For instance, my daughter likes to play a game where we are running and hiding from imaginary bears... This game always ends up with me carrying her and running through the house or yard. For a decent period of time. If I break a sweat, I'll go log it in as something like walking at a moderate pace or dancing, etc.
  • eve180
    eve180 Posts: 51 Member
    Cut and paste the link below. It is helpful...it does have "playing with children". I hope it helps just scroll through the list and take a look at it.

http://www.prohealth.com/weightloss/tools/exercise/calculator1_2.cfm?emptyfield=weight

Good Luck,

Eve :bigsmile:
  • 4,362,584,213 cals:smile:

That's probably close. Haha
  • Cut and paste the link below. It is helpful...it does have "playing with children". I hope it helps just scroll through the list and take a look at it.

http://www.prohealth.com/weightloss/tools/exercise/calculator1_2.cfm?emptyfield=weight

Good Luck,

Just checked this out! Thanks for the link! I'm LOVING that site! I can defintely forsee myself using this in the future!
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,385 Member
    At 30 chasing a toddler was tough. At 37 I'm chasing 17-month-old twins... if I could stop stress eating...

Sorry, got side tracked by my 7-year-old's Girl Scout cookies. What was I saying? ;)
  • eve180
    eve180 Posts: 51 Member
    The site is very useful. Glad to hear you find it useful!!!!:bigsmile:

Eve
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    It's a coincidence that you posted this question when I just finished trying to account for that! Yesterday, I was babysitting 3 kids and watching my daughter (so 4 kids all together), and I never sat down once. I ate like a pig, but I usually get that hungry when I am burning an excessive amount of calories. I also cooked and baked numerous dishes in 2 hours. I got those calories in, but I put "light cleaning" to cover the calories burned from staying on my feet for so long with the kids.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Eve, thanks for that link! Bookmarked. I haven't typically had the energy to play like that with the kids (I'm so embarrassed to admit that! I'm not that overweight, I'm just SO out of shape!), but I've found that I have more energy to do it now that I'm exercising more. Go figure. :laugh: So it's good to be able to log it now!
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Cut and paste the link below. It is helpful...it does have "playing with children". I hope it helps just scroll through the list and take a look at it.

Good Luck,

Just tried the site. It's great! I had childcare in as "light cleaning" in MFP, but it looks like I should have put "heavy cleaning" to match the calories suggested from that site!
  • LOVE the site Eve. Thanks for the information. Now I don't have to keep googling the things I do that aren't traditional "exercises". P90X isn't even on the list of exercises. Oh well.
  • rabt6f
    rabt6f Posts: 37 Member
    If chasing a toddler burnt enough calories to count as exercise, I'd be stick thin. I promise that!
This discussion has been closed.