Healthy blondies

Options
chatnel
chatnel Posts: 688 Member
I made these on monday night and being enjoying for my 3pm snack everyday this week. I cannot taste the chickpeas at all.

 1 1/2 cups chickpeas or white beans (1 can, drained and rinsed very well) (250g after draining)
 1 almost brown banana
 3/4 tsp baking powder
 1/4 tsp salt
 2/3 cup granulated sugar of choice sub
 1/4 cup rolled oats
 1/4 cup milk of choice
 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
 1 tbsp chia seeds
 1/2 cup chocolate chips, plus extra for the top if desired

Grease an 8-in square baking pan, and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a high-quality food processor (taste and texture will be much better if a blender is not used), process all ingredients but the chips until smooth. Stir in the chips, then smooth into the baking pan, being sure to scoop out every last bit of the batter. Sprinkle some extra chips on the top if desired for presentation. Bake 30 minutes, then remove from the oven to cool. The blondies will look underdone at first, but this is okay. Once completely cool, cover the pan and refrigerate overnight. The texture will be much firmer the next day.

Replies

• libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    bump to save and try

Thanks for the post.:smile:
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    BUMP - could you taste the banana at all? I'm not a huge fan of overripe banana but maybe apple sauce would work instead
  • chatnel
    Options
    you can taste the banana but I guess you could use pitted dates or apricots instead?
  • chatnel
    Options
    or yes apple sauce would work too
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Thanks.. A MUST DO :flowerforyou:
    I made these on monday night and being enjoying for my 3pm snack everyday this week. I cannot taste the chickpeas at all.

 1 1/2 cups chickpeas or white beans (1 can, drained and rinsed very well) (250g after draining)
     1 almost brown banana
     3/4 tsp baking powder
     1/4 tsp salt
     2/3 cup granulated sugar of choice sub
     1/4 cup rolled oats
     1/4 cup milk of choice
     2 tsp pure vanilla extract
     1 tbsp chia seeds
     1/2 cup chocolate chips, plus extra for the top if desired

Grease an 8-in square baking pan, and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a high-quality food processor (taste and texture will be much better if a blender is not used), process all ingredients but the chips until smooth. Stir in the chips, then smooth into the baking pan, being sure to scoop out every last bit of the batter. Sprinkle some extra chips on the top if desired for presentation. Bake 30 minutes, then remove from the oven to cool. The blondies will look underdone at first, but this is okay. Once completely cool, cover the pan and refrigerate overnight. The texture will be much firmer the next day.
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Bump.