hello everyone! Just joined today ????

Options
Hey everyone!
I just joined today and I am very excited, seems like a great community. I've always been on the chubbier side, but recently put on a few extra pounds. I finally am ready to dive into a healthier lifestyle. My goal is to lose 30-35 pounds! Anyone with suggestions or success stories?

Cheers ????

Replies

• alritievlc
    Options
    I've been a MFP for years but just decided to introduce myself. I've been doing really well with MFP tracking my calories and nutrition. I love how i can stay on track and see my nutrition values where i need improvement or not. Wishing you all much success.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    1.) Dont quit.
    2.) Don't make it harder than it needs to be.
    3.) Find what works for you (as long as you're not stumbling into unhealthy habits) and do that.
    4.) Don't quit.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Hi Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou:
  • tee071990
    Options
    Thank you all for the well wishes, I really appreciate it. I hope everyone reached their goals ????
  • fabfit40
    Options
    welcome! im pretty new here too (11 days and counting lol)
    this site has definitely kept me motivated. its great to be able to log all food and exercise!
    good luck with ur journey! :):):)
  • tcThePT
    tcThePT Posts: 37
    Options
    Only been on here a few weeks and have to confess I'm shocked at how nice everyone is, best thing I ever did was sign up for this. Great people , great advice and great support network,.

If anyone wants to add me then feel free. Im currently taking a personal training course so if anyone wants support/advice I'm happy to help.
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome,
    Good luck on your journey!
    You'll be great! You can do this!
    If anyone wants to add me then feel free :smile: :smile:
  • swaistle
    swaistle Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    This is a really lovely community. My suggestion is if you're like me and feel you need the extra people, then get adding. I'm not saying I need them like a crutch. But it's a big help getting supportive and helpful advice off my MFP friends. Also, mentally, I tend to be like "I'll make this good choice to make my MFP friends proud" kind of thing. It's what works for me :)

If you get people criticising your food choices even when you're achieving your goals - get rid of those kind of people. The last thing you want is negative people bringing you down :)

Good luck on your journey! It takes time - don't worry! :flowerforyou:
  • kimnteri
    Options
    I just started a week ago. I'm almost 59 and had set a goal of 60 by 60. 60 pounds by 60 years old. After a week, and slow progress, I may have to change that to 20 or 30 by 60, but any downward progress is progress. Good luck to you in your goal. I think making this community for yourself will help you stay with it. And that's what this journey will be about, I think. Endurance.
  • GogoDri
    GogoDri Posts: 32
    Options
    Hello! Welcome here, I am only 2 days old in here and it is amazing, I will send you friend request!
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I will help cheer you on! Add me if you like!
  • theycallmearth
    theycallmearth Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. It really is a great community here with plenty of kind and helpful people.

One piece of advice I would offer, once you have your goal clearly identified, formulate a solid gameplan (it helps to write it down) on how you're going to get there. Also, allow room for mistakes. They do happen.

Anyway, good luck to you on your goals. Stick to it and you will reach those goals.