struggling on Juice plus, any experience/tips

Options
I've recently started juice plus and I absolutely HATE the shakes, they taste powdery.
I'm alright when I manage to get them down and throughout the day I'm not hungry so they are working but I've tried putting fruit and honey, vanilla essence and peppermint essence and I can't find anything that's making them taste any better, has anyone got any recipes or would I be able to bake the juice plus powder into anything?

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    If you don't enjoy them why on earth are you consuming them and paying for them?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    You know, you can lose weight by eating food you enjoy.
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    If you don't enjoy them why on earth are you consuming them and paying for them?

Couldn't have said it better myself!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Throw them in the trash and eat food.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    They're a meal replacement thing? My friend's aunt just sent me a PM on Facebook about Juice Plus because I've got a sinus infection and she said it would help boost my immunity. I guess I thought it was just a supplement not a diet thing. She's really into natural eating, etc. so I'm pretty sure she eats real food.
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    They're a meal replacement thing? My friend's aunt just sent me a PM on Facebook about Juice Plus because I've got a sinus infection and she said it would help boost my immunity. I guess I thought it was just a supplement not a diet thing. She's really into natural eating, etc. so I'm pretty sure she eats real food.

If it's billed as helping with weight loss and "boosting immunity" it's starting to sound like snake oil.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Eat real food, in the proper amount. It's much better than that crap.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

but sidesteel, the ad told me...

Eat real food, in the proper amount. It's much better than that crap.

bingo.

OP, chalk it up to a loss of money and throw it away.
  • frisco111
    frisco111 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Don't drink your calories - learn to develop habits, which will last you a lifetime.
  • KatherineLever
    Options
    Well I've been doing it for a week and I've lost 4lb already so it is really working for me and I've already payed for them so I'm determined to stick it through to the end, I was just after shake recipes really
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Stop wasting money on them. Eat foods that you actually enjoy, why make yourself miserable and even worse pay for this??
  • 748marie
    748marie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have tried a lot of different shakes and I have found they are all nasty! Also, after I lost a little bit of weight from them, I would start eating normally again and then just gain the weight back. You are young and the best thing to do now is learn the right foods to eat and lose weight that way. Its a life change, not a diet. You will be so exited to find that the weight will come off and you get to chew lol :):wink:
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Well I've been doing it for a week and I've lost 4lb already so it is really working for me and I've already payed for them so I'm determined to stick it through to the end, I was just after shake recipes really

Most people lose 3 - 4 (or more) pounds in their first week of watching their calorie intake. It's mostly water weight.

If you're set of making this work - good luck. I'm interested in how you think this will teach you how to change the behaviors? Especially the ones have that made you gain weight. It's hard to change them - and putting something in their place for a few weeks is just wasting time

Learn to eat food in a healthy way. Do something that you can build on for the rest of your life. Why make yourself miserable? You'll never get these days back.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Those 4lbs are mostly water and you will gain it back as soon as you start eating real food again. Are you planning on drinking these shakes you hate for the rest of your life?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    ^^^^

Eat food. Less than you were eating before. That will be cheaper, yummier and will cause you to lose weight.
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options

That.

Eat actual foods. Healthier foods. Nothing good can really come from meal replacement shakes. Eat what you want, just measure/consume proper portion sizes. You'll be much more satisfied and have better results in the end :)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    it's water weight.
    you'd do the same thing by starving yourself using food, too.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    do they have a money back guaranty?

All any replacement meal shakes are is a tool to help people have a deficit with their calorie intake. You can have a deficit drinking your meals or eating your meals. The shakes are not what's making you lose weight, it's the fact that your intake is less than your BMR, which can be achieved with actually eating food.

If you can't get your money back, I would try using them as a base and adding fruit until you run out then not purchasing a second round.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options

Lol that's just water weight. I went to eating a reasonable deficit (like.. 500 cals less than maintance when I started) and lost 4 lbs the first week. I also gain 4 lbs any weekend I have beer. I lose 4 lbs of water retention from the beer by the next week.

My advice? Sell the stuff on craigslist and make some of your money back.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options

Just don't be surprised that when you stop taking that stuff, that the weight will come right back and then some. Don't waste the money. Calorie deficit and exercise when you can.

29826997.png