Exercise in your living room barefoot?

Options
Does anyone else do this? Or do you reccomend I wear shoes while doing workout DVDs?

Replies

• shastacrystal
    Options
    I have to wear shoes otherwise my feet cramp up;(
  • wpij25
    wpij25 Posts: 161
    Options
    in livingroom = I am always barefoot while working out
  • baby81girl2003
    baby81girl2003 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just wear socks, on my beach towels. No problems.
  • Lacole216
    Options
    To be honest with you I do both. Sometimes I exercise without shoes especially when I'm doing pilates. Zumba is easier with my sneakers on though. I guess it's whatever you feel comfortable with :drinker:
  • Norma_24
    Norma_24 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I end up triping if I wear shoes lol
  • hop3
    hop3 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm barefoot unless I'm running on the treadmill
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have to wear shoes because my feet slide on the carpet!
  • usmcpatience
    Options
    My feet hurt less if I wear shoes, but if my daughter is awake and running around when I'm exercising I tend to go barefoot for fear of stepping on her toes! But, ideally, I'd wear shoes when I exercise...even if it is in the middle of the living room.
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Barefoot! I figure if there's a whole movement about barefoot running, barefoot aerobics can't be that bad. Probably helps keep your feet more in the proper position!

That's aside from the face that the shoes add weight and make me far more likely to trip on the carpet!
  • FIREfitGrl27
    Options
    Depends on the workout. If it's stretching and/or yoga, then barefoot might be cool. If it's a strenous rapid pace type of workout, then shoes might be best. Depends on how your feet feel as you workout. Just test it out and see what works best for you. :)
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    It's barefoot for me!!
  • shanamalena
    Options
    I have linoleum flooring, and I normally just wear socks. (playing Zumba) But after a while my knee started to hurt. I cant say if it was from not wearing shoes or from going to the gym so much here lately. But I have always heard that its good to have support on your feet.......??
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I usually go barefoot. I find sneakers distracting as I have hardwood floor... I dunno it's weird. I think I'm being too loud even though I live in a basement apartment!
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Depends what I am doing. If it's cardio and I'll be moving a lot, I use shoes. If it's lifting or yoga, I go barefoot.
  • MFR1974
    MFR1974 Posts: 92
    Options
    I vote wear shoes. Lack of arch support can lead to flat feet. I woke up one morning with planter fascitis. Horrible heal pain. I've had to wear expensive orthotics ever since. Be good to your feet. Wear good shoes.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I do it all barefoot except for lower-body weight lifting, which I do wearing chuck taylors.

Edit: including running on the treadmill barefoot. it changed everything.
  • JRRCLR
    JRRCLR Posts: 353
    Options
    If doing an aerobic type workout I go socks or barefoot cause my shoes catch on the carpet otherwise.
  • CamilleMiracle
    Options
    Well when i do my pilates i usually do it barefoot...i think its better that way..but shoes could be fine too..i guess it just depends on what exercise your doing.
  • micegirl
    Options
    My ankles and knees would be screaming if I didn't!
  • KadieA
    KadieA Posts: 167
    Options
    I vote wear shoes. Lack of arch support can lead to flat feet. I woke up one morning with planter fascitis. Horrible heal pain. I've had to wear expensive orthotics ever since. Be good to your feet. Wear good shoes.

I agree. You need arch support.