Emotional

Options
Anyone get overly emotional as they are losing weight? I've lost about 33 lbs in the past 3 months, but I feel like my emotions are like a major roller coaster! One day I am super hyper and happy, next minute I am crying at everything even sad commercials! lol yes it has been going on beyond the "time of the month". this always happens as I start to diet! previously it had led me to break my diet, I don't want to let that happen. any ideas on what to do?

Replies

• sweetestthing
    Options
    just an edit, i lost 33 lbs in the last month.
  • liswar
    liswar Posts: 25
    Options
    that is really impressive! Well done. On the subject of emotions, I don't know yet - it's still too early in my journey. Makes sense though - lots of changes happening, including the emotional ones connected with food/comfort/eating/old habits...

Hang in there!
  • servingthealiens
    servingthealiens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You lost 33 pounds in a month? That's... really unhealthy. Your blood sugar levels are probably bouncing all over hell, as are your values of other nutrients.
  • Silvergamma
    Silvergamma Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I might be off base, but that sounds like a lot of weight for one month. Maybe the emotions are in part due to low blood sugar?
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    That is some major weightloss, congrats!!! I am sure that your body is going through so many changes but I definitely understand your frustration. I get the same way. Are you on any type of medicine that alters mood like BC?
  • christenapanzone
    christenapanzone Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 4 pounds and I'm right there with you with the emotional roller coaster. You are not alone!
  • adriayellow11
    Options
    I am not sure why we are congratulating a weight loss of 33 lbs in one month. Haven't we all learned that 1 lb a week is the healthy way to do this?
  • KadieA
    KadieA Posts: 167
    Options
    I don't think it's unhealthy. I've watched and watch Biggest looser and those people lose like 10lbs a week and more. I don't know what your starting weight was but congrats on the weight loss! As long as you're being healthy about it :)

About the imbalanced emotions like some of the people responded it may be your sugar levels and maybe just hormones in general. Tons of hormones are released as you work out and diet.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

That is reallly way too much. I have to ask - have you had lap band or gastric bypass? Because if not I don't kknnow what you are doing but you are starving yourself and I am not surprised you are emotional, you have thrown everythhing in your body out of whack. Need to develop heallthy eating/lifestyle otherwise in the long run you won't stick withit
  • tvanderberg
    Options
    Well, your a friend on my page so first of all Hello :)

I'm not sure why your emotional, it could just have something to do with hormones. I would suggest watching around what time of the month it take place and see if hormones are actually the issue. Something else you may want to consider may be things that are going one in your life and how personal of an affect they are having on you, If that be the case start writing a journal so that you can get those emotions out of you physically. I love to write because it relieves stress and once I write my feelings down on paper I no longer have to carry it around with me.

And lastly, congrats on your weight loss! Some may say that is sounds unreasonable but I say do what you feel is best for you. If you can handle it then certainly GO FOR IT. Everyone's body is different and handles things differently. I sure wish I could loose 30 lbs in one month!
  • gina205
    gina205 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to how you lost that much weight in one month. I read that acai and colon cleansing does that.
  • sweetestthing
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I really don't know how I did it. I guess I was treating my body so badly that when I did some good maybe my body went into shock! I went from no exercise at all to working out every night. I tried to stay away from breads and pasta first few weeks too. I was planning on just a couple lbs a week, but it just came off. Think i lost like 12 lbs first couple of weeks I am sure just water weight because I don't look all that different. you guys are right it may be blood sugar. will check out thanks.

ALso no I dont take any mood pills...should i? Would rather not if any other way to control it. it doesnt really effect my day to day that much, just sometimes leads me to break my diet...would rather control it naturally if possible.
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    33lbs in one month COULD be considered unhealthy...unless you are eating healthy, were retaining a lot of water and have quite a bit of weight to lose. It is hard to say without knowing how much you weigh. Losing fat puts us through a lot of emotions because our cells hold on to things and as it gets metabolized and goes through our system we are processing all those things the fat has held onto. Toxins, hormones, traumas... It all has to be reprocessed. Think of if you have ever gone for a massage... they tell you to drink lots of water because the massage causes release of built up toxins. The same happens when our body breaks down and processes stored fat. Stick with it. It gets better. Journal your feelings so you can look back and see ALL you had to go through to lose the xtra weight . Not just the foods and stationary life you gave up but the emotions you had to go through. It will help you to stay on the right track.

Good Luck on your journey:)
  • javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    Sometimes as you "peel away the layers" you feel vulnerable. Some of us hide behind our weight . . . That can contribute to the emotions.
  • sweetestthing
    Options
    Well, your a friend on my page so first of all Hello :)

I'm not sure why your emotional, it could just have something to do with hormones. I would suggest watching around what time of the month it take place and see if hormones are actually the issue. Something else you may want to consider may be things that are going one in your life and how personal of an affect they are having on you, If that be the case start writing a journal so that you can get those emotions out of you physically. I love to write because it relieves stress and once I write my feelings down on paper I no longer have to carry it around with me.

And lastly, congrats on your weight loss! Some may say that is sounds unreasonable but I say do what you feel is best for you. If you can handle it then certainly GO FOR IT. Everyone's body is different and handles things differently. I sure wish I could loose 30 lbs in one month!

Hi back!! I am sure it's 25 lbs of water weight but I am still happy! Have so much to lose have to keep it up and thanks to everyone here I am sure this time is it!!
  • sweetestthing
    Options

That is reallly way too much. I have to ask - have you had lap band or gastric bypass? Because if not I don't kknnow what you are doing but you are starving yourself and I am not surprised you are emotional, you have thrown everythhing in your body out of whack. Need to develop heallthy eating/lifestyle otherwise in the long run you won't stick withit

HI there no surg. at all. maybe because I weigh so so much? dont know. My diary is on view if any advice! thanks
  • sweetestthing
    Options
    33lbs in one month COULD be considered unhealthy...unless you are eating healthy, were retaining a lot of water and have quite a bit of weight to lose. It is hard to say without knowing how much you weigh. Losing fat puts us through a lot of emotions because our cells hold on to things and as it gets metabolized and goes through our system we are processing all those things the fat has held onto. Toxins, hormones, traumas... It all has to be reprocessed. Think of if you have ever gone for a massage... they tell you to drink lots of water because the massage causes release of built up toxins. The same happens when our body breaks down and processes stored fat. Stick with it. It gets better. Journal your feelings so you can look back and see ALL you had to go through to lose the xtra weight . Not just the foods and stationary life you gave up but the emotions you had to go through. It will help you to stay on the right track.

Good Luck on your journey:)

thank you very helpful!!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Great job,stay focused and maybe take some of the emotion out of the weight loss journey?
    I mean concentrate on doing it for health reasons and just let the physical appearance part be secondary for now. :smile:
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    to me it honestly seems you're not eating enough, especially if you're exercising and burning a thousand calories each time!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Tension Tamer tea (celestial seasoning makes it I think) helps me keep my emotions on a more even keel. Also just check your diary and goals and make sure you are giving yourself enough nutrition. Slow weight loss has been proven to be the healthiest and you are also more likely to keep it off. Good luck.