Starting again.. AGAIN!

Options
Okay, so I'm back here at MFP. The first time round I hammered it for a month doing 1200 cals a day and it killed me off. By the end of the month I was a hell of a lot lighter but oh my was I hungry. I ate and ate and ate some more for what felt like an eternity! I stopped being so strict with the calorie counting and in the end stopped logging together. And now I've returned.. exactly where I started 5 months ago. So this time, I've upped it to 1500 cals a day and I'm actually doing/going to do some exercise! I have since seen the errors of my ways and learnt not to go hungry just because I'll go over by 40 calories! But I need help! My main problem is motivation. It kind of works the opposite for me than most people. So I'll go into work with my lovely salad and fruit have a quick flick on the daily mail, see Miranda Kerr or Kim Kardashian floating around in bikinis and quickly turn to the tin of celebrations my managers left out for us all. I desperately want to lose weight & in my head I KNOW how I want to look, but I love food! I can do so well all week, then get home at 7pm on a Friday have choccy digestive and before you know it I need to run back down the Asda because I've eaten EVERYTHING!! So if anyone can relate, and if anyone thinks they can help, I'd like some help/advise/tips on how to stay motivated, how not to eat everything, on how to stop feeling hungry an hour after my dinner! Temptation is everywhere and I find it hard to resist!
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• GogoDri
    GogoDri Posts: 32
    Options
    Stick with my fitness pal. I am online 3 days in a row now since I started my diet, it is hard to forget my motivation with all these people here! I keep on checking the success stories every day :D
  • momto3kidz
    momto3kidz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow! Can I relate! No motivation here either but at 37 yrs old and 262 pds i seriously need to lose this weight. I also have a thyroid problem which makes this losing weight thing a whole lot harder. Or maybe that's just an excuse i don't know.
  • Jim_G10
    Jim_G10 Posts: 132
    Options
    Consider it a change in lifestyle as opposed to a diet.
    Use MFP to plan food n drink and exercise options and then just get going.

Get a ****load of friends with whom you can relate and will keep you accountable.
    After a short period of time it will become second nature and have some fun too.......
  • careyrivard
    careyrivard Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. As I sit here deciding to try again..for the millionth time! About 10 years ago I had the motivation to stick to working out 6 days a week and watching what I ate. Fast forward 10 years, I work 3 days a week have a sophomore and senior in high school and am just plain TIRED. I know what we all need to do is to stop making excuses and just do it. So, here I go again. Gina maybe we could hold each other accountable and be cheerleaders for each other since we started on the same day?

What I really need help with is advance meal planning. If I can cook on Sunday and prepare for the rest of the week I am much better. Can anyone give me any good websites for meal planning? Thank you and good luck everyone that is "back at it!".
  • ginak95
    ginak95 Posts: 10
    Options
    You are not alone. As I sit here deciding to try again..for the millionth time! About 10 years ago I had the motivation to stick to working out 6 days a week and watching what I ate. Fast forward 10 years, I work 3 days a week have a sophomore and senior in high school and am just plain TIRED. I know what we all need to do is to stop making excuses and just do it. So, here I go again. Gina maybe we could hold each other accountable and be cheerleaders for each other since we started on the same day?

What I really need help with is advance meal planning. If I can cook on Sunday and prepare for the rest of the week I am much better. Can anyone give me any good websites for meal planning? Thank you and good luck everyone that is "back at it!".

YES!
    We so should! Last time, I kept my diary closed and didn’t really bother with the community part, but after having a read today I really wish I did! I’ve opened my diary, so feel free to have a look, not that it’s anything too spectacular! Haha I’m the same with meal planning, I’m finding it hard especially
    With my boyfriend who Isn’t dieting. We don’t drink, so we tend to go out for a meals- what a pain, tomorrow he wants to go for a Nandos I don’t know if you have it where you are? Or maybe I’m just being thick, but its not exactly the healthiest option. I spent a good half hour on the website yesterday reading through the menu and calculating the calories to decide what I could have! But I agree also, I would appreciate some meal Ideas too!
  • ginak95
    Options
    Wow! Can I relate! No motivation here either but at 37 yrs old and 262 pds i seriously need to lose this weight. I also have a thyroid problem which makes this losing weight thing a whole lot harder. Or maybe that's just an excuse i don't know.

I don't think it's an excuse, it's an extra challenge! Hopefully the more we try, the motivation comes along naturally.. we can dream! ha
  • tremroy1
    tremroy1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You want motivation? Make a scrap book of both the pictures you hate and love of yourself. Look at these every morning before putting food in your mouth. Look at the clothes you cannot wear and that you spent all that money on. Make a detailed list of why should be at a healthier weight. Health should be first, family that needs you....etc....Stay on track....you have the tools....go for it. You deserve it......Good Luck
  • steveyinasia
    steveyinasia Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Calories in versus calories out is the easiest meal planner, eat what you like(in moderation) and make sure you work off those calories. This too is my second attempt, been on for 60+ days now and I have found the community to be great. I log the food although as i travel a lot, most of my meals are outside so I don't have much control over calories, I pick the closest and add extra servings to the figure just to be safe.
    Some great meal ideas in here: http://www.skinnytaste.com
  • ginak95
    Options
    Calories in versus calories out is the easiest meal planner, eat what you like(in moderation) and make sure you work off those calories. This too is my second attempt, been on for 60+ days now and I have found the community to be great. I log the food although as i travel a lot, most of my meals are outside so I don't have much control over calories, I pick the closest and add extra servings to the figure just to be safe.
    Some great meal ideas in here: http://www.skinnytaste.com
    Great website! Thanks!
  • frisco111
    frisco111 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My strategy is always to limit exposure to fat and sugary food. I have my treats only in the evening - the last thing I eat before I brush my teeth. It helps, as whole day I know the treat is there, waiting for me so I don't really look for anything else. I lock my treats in the container with time lock ( love it!) so one portion of it is only available. I don't relay on strong will. I plan.

Good luck. Just have 1 or 2 celebration chocolates when they offering.
  • ginak95
    Options
    My strategy is always to limit exposure to fat and sugary food. I have my treats only in the evening - the last thing I eat before I brush my teeth. It helps, as whole day I know the treat is there, waiting for me so I don't really look for anything else. I lock my treats in the container with time lock ( love it!) so one portion of it is only available. I don't relay on strong will. I plan.

Time lock?! I NEED THIS! Where do I get one from?
    I don't feel like I'm ready to say yes yet, need to build up some self control if I have 1 or 2 today it will soon turn to 4 or 5 or 6 o7 haha
  • fat2skinny50
    fat2skinny50 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I can definitely relate, I too go through spells of zero motivation. What works for me is I have a friend that I do a “stair” routine with every morning and then at lunch time we either walk or jog. Getting an exercise buddy might work, it sure does help me. Also when you feel hungry try to drink cold water first, that sometimes helps me to feel full. Good luck to you. Friend me if you want I will try to keep you motivated and on calorie track.
  • frisco111
    Options

Time lock?! I NEED THIS! Where do I get one from?
    I don't feel like I'm ready to say yes yet, need to build up some self control if I have 1 or 2 today it will soon turn to 4 or 5 or 6 o7 haha

I got mine from here
    http://www.thekitchensafe.com
  • careyrivard
    careyrivard Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Time lock? That is genius! I want one too!
  • frisco111
    Options
    Time lock? That is genius! I want one too!

It really helps. I set my lock to open in the morning when my willpower is the strongest, take one portion of treat out and lock it for next 24 hrs. And I save it for late nite. Works for me so far :)
  • sigalsirkin
    sigalsirkin Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Take baby steps, make small changes, one change at a time. And exercise, so you can eat back your exercise calories and you will feel good too from the exercise. Never give up, if you have a bad day or a bad meal, get straight back into it. Maybe taking a picture of yourself and blowing it up and placing it on the fridge. Then everytime you want to snack take a look at this picture. I chew gum and that does help with my snacking. Good luck! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options

Here are a couple of sites I found. you can google "make ahead meals" and GET TONS of results...the ALLRECIPES.COM site is my personal favorite for make ahead or same day recipes...

http://www.melskitchencafe.com/40-make-ahead-meals/
    http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/recipe-collections-favorites/quick-easy/make-ahead-meals-0
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/topics/make-ahead.html
    http://www.pinterest.com/mackenzie_baily/freezable-make-ahead-meals/
    http://www.melskitchencafe.com/40-make-ahead-meals/
    http://www.cookinglight.com/food/recipe-finder/make-ahead-dinners