HELP PLEASE! I want to go Raw Vegan for 1 month+

Options
Hello everyone,

My name is Anna, and it's very nice to meet you all! :)

As many of you, I grew up in a family where I was given my milk, my meat more than 3 times a week, and many processed foods out of 'convenience.' I love my parents, but as I grew up, I felt that something is just... wrong in eating so much of what I consider 'crap'. I love my fruits and vegetables so much and they consume a huge part of my everyday diet compared to most of the 'standard diets' out there (I eat 3-4 fruits a day, 2-3 portions of vegetables), but I have been unable to go raw vegan for an extended amount of time though I really, really want to. It is not plainly about ethics towards animals, it's about health. I want to feel healthy, full of natural energy, happy. I have already cut out most of my dairy because milk makes me very sick, and my meats are mostly fish or lean protein like chicken.

I would be ever so grateful if I can get some diet tips from some raw vegans out there. Some breakfasts, lunch, dinners and snack tips. I think what I am mostly scared of is the sudden excessive consumption of fruits and veg that my body is not used to in such quantities, ONLY food quantities. Surely I am to expect some pain and diarrhoea and I am dreading these. Is there a way to avoid them for a more smooth transition?

I definitely want to try this for a month, but if it's easier than I think I'm planning to go on it for much more and base my lifestyle on it.

What I will do once I get good advice is to make a BLOG with everyday progress, photos and food lists, and even invite people to join me so we can motivate each other. I've read that your life changes completely when you remove animal products from your diet... I can't help but be curious.

Again, this is purely out of health reasons. Weight wise, I am currently 50.5 kilos, 111.3 lbs, so I am not struggling with that. Most importantly always is to focus on health anyway :)

Please, please, PLEASE help me!! <3 thank you so much for reading :)

(Also posted in Food & Nutrition but I would love some new vegan buddies! :) )

Replies

• KandGRanch
    KandGRanch Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Okay, first of all I want to say I am NOT vegan (I raise my own meat/dairy).

That being said, please stay away from freelee if you choose to go this route. lady has some serious demons with food. what SHE promotes is not safe.

Make sure you are getting your macronutrients right-take it from an 11 year vegetarian. you wont last if you aren't feeding your body properly. peas, lentils, spinach, etc. beans are good. now RAW vegan is a little different, but you still need to incorporate higher protein/calorie foods to feel full.

I eat raw every once in a while, and zucchini "spaghetti" is about the best thing I have ever had. There are a few good books out there (beware of websites, mot are full of propaganda and not helpful) like Raw Desserts and such (amazon.com and search raw vegan cookbooks-there are TONS).

Eating 100% raw all the time is a hell of a jump t make, I would recommend raw til four so you can have a starchy, cooked meal at the end of the day (still vegan) to help you transition.

Do some researchbefore jumping in, and you'll succeed. Variety is important (no "food islands") to kepp you interested and not dreading your next meal.

Good luck :)
  • Thank you so much for replying, and for mentioning Freelee. I do believe that she is overdoing it, though sometimes I find myself watching her videos. I will start with a bit of animal products during the week and if I feel ok I will try to go vegan for most days till I reach 7 days :).

Cooked sounds good as well, it makes me much less bloated too. Zucchini with pasta sounds very yummy too. I have seen some wonderful recipes online, and that one is on my list now. Thank you once again!! I am very envious of you raising your own meat/ dairy, that's wonderful!
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Check out fullyrawkristina on youtube.
  • Subscribed just now, thank you!