Advice needed please...

Options
This is an unusual request I imagine.

I am already a Size 8 and 5'3 but am looking to lose a few extra pounds. I know this sounds mental but I'm doing some TV work and just want to lose a few pounds beforehand (which I'll gain again afterwards!).

I already work out 4/5 times per week doing running and interval training. This week I ran 10k on Monday, 5k Tues, Thai boxing on weds and day off today. Tomorrow I'll run several k again. However, I seem to have plateaud whereby I can't lose anything.

Is this because I have very low body fat so my body is clinging on?

I eat a weight watchers yoghurt for breakfast, a quarter pot of low fat cottage cheese for late lunch (snack) and then 2 rice cakes, tinned tuna and tomate for dinner. I have a low cal hot choc most nights and may munch on dry cereals or carrots. I also drink tea with semi skimmed milk.

I'll try and upload a picture of myself if it allows me too. Any ideas folks? As I said, I know its unusual and it's a one off....

Managed to upload body pic to profile! :D

Replies

• lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Lift weights. You may not lose weight according to the scale but you will be able to reduce your BF. I'm the same height and size as you. My workouts consistent of mainly lifting. 3 x 1hr sessions, with just 1 or 2 cardio (running/class).
  • shexy16
    shexy16 Posts: 68
    Options
    You're basically already starving yourself, if that's really all you eat, and you already work out a lot. So I got nuthin'.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Is that a US size 8? You look a lot smaller than that and your diet makes me want to cry.
  • FemWeight
    Options
    Is that a US size 8? You look a lot smaller than that and your diet makes me want to cry.

Yes I do believe a size 8 is referred to a US size. Not sure what brand it is. Because I agree she does look smaller than a size 8
  • markrichtsspraytan
    markrichtsspraytan Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You're basically already starving yourself

This.

If the profile pic is you, I don't see how you can be a size 8. I am 5'2 - 5'3" and a size 0 or 2 in Old Navy and Express, and you are thinner than me. How much do you weigh?
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Maybe lose the cereal and up your proteins, healthy fats and veggies.
    Also weigh your food so as not to go over your calorie goal!
  • Tammy_1971
    Tammy_1971 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough, you are starving yourself to begin with... then add in the running and interval training.... whoa... you need to eat!!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    go to dailyhiit.com or sign up with Zuzka Light's ZGym. you will benefit more from 15ish minutes of HIIT rather than the steady state cardio you're doing.

and you probably should eat more....focus on eating natural foods for energy.
  • kefryar
    kefryar Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    No way are you a US size 8-I'm a 4 and I'm taller and also bigger than you. You're plateauing bc you're starving yourself. Try eating 1200 calories and you'll probably start losing again. Also, drink water.
  • newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Yes, the fact that you plan on gaining it back sounds crazy to me. I can't tell what your body looks like from that angle. If you plan on gaining it back, because you would be too skinny, I think this sounds like a very bad idea.
  • SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    This is an unusual request I imagine.

I am already a Size 8 and 5'3 but am looking to lose a few extra pounds. I know this sounds mental but I'm doing some TV work and just want to lose a few pounds beforehand (which I'll gain again afterwards!).

I already work out 4/5 times per week doing running and interval training. This week I ran 10k on Monday, 5k Tues, Thai boxing on weds and day off today. Tomorrow I'll run several k again. However, I seem to have plateaud whereby I can't lose anything.

Is this because I have very low body fat so my body is clinging on?

I eat a weight watchers yoghurt for breakfast, a quarter pot of low fat cottage cheese for late lunch (snack) and then 2 rice cakes, tinned tuna and tomate for dinner. I have a low cal hot choc most nights and may munch on dry cereals or carrots. I also drink tea with semi skimmed milk.

I'll try and upload a picture of myself if it allows me too. Any ideas folks? As I said, I know its unusual and it's a one off....

Managed to upload body pic to profile! :D

Obviously, TV is a little too demanding. I don't see any weight in the picture you could lose.
  • samanthafitzy
    Options
    Wow, wasn't expecting so many replies! Thanks peeps.

I know what you're all saying and yes, TV is bloody demanding and while you're in it you need to live a slightly alien life. I told you it was strange.

In terms of my size, I'm a UK 6-8. I don't buy zero clothes and wouldn't know where to buy them from. If you guys are a zero and bigger than me then you're not a zero. I met a size zero girl and she was like Victoria Beckham, tiny! She was definitely smaller than me. However, some people are more 'bony' than others and some are more petite. Looks can be deceiving.
    I can assure you I'm telling you the truth about my size and diet - no need to lie.

So basically, it seems like I'm eating too little so my body is holding onto all it can, right?

Sadly, the second I life weights I build muscle. I turn into a Madonna looking creature!
  • z_bra
    z_bra Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It's impossible to build muscle if you are eating a deficit.
  • samanthafitzy
    Options
    My muscles become very pronounced and my veins show. I promise I'm not lying.....
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    You're already very, very skinny. Maybe too skinny.

Go see your doctor and get some good advice.
  • samanthafitzy
    Options
    You think so? Wow, not at all....
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

I know what you're all saying and yes, TV is bloody demanding and while you're in it you need to live a slightly alien life. I told you it was strange.

In terms of my size, I'm a UK 6-8. I don't buy zero clothes and wouldn't know where to buy them from. If you guys are a zero and bigger than me then you're not a zero. I met a size zero girl and she was like Victoria Beckham, tiny! She was definitely smaller than me. However, some people are more 'bony' than others and some are more petite. Looks can be deceiving.
    I can assure you I'm telling you the truth about my size and diet - no need to lie.

So basically, it seems like I'm eating too little so my body is holding onto all it can, right?

Sadly, the second I life weights I build muscle. I turn into a Madonna looking creature!

And they're not lying either. Sizes are different in the US than the UK. That's why they asked.
  • kefryar
    kefryar Posts: 77 Member
    Options

A UK size 6-8 is a 2-4 in US sizes.
    And no, you are not eating enough.
  • samanthafitzy
    Options
    Okaaaaaay Maidentl, wasn't accusing anyone. ISomeone said 'that's if you're telling the truth about what you eat....' hence my reply. Course I wouldn't lie. And yeah, I'm familiar with UK and US sized but someone asked if I was referring to UK or US.

Touchy.

Thanks so much for the advice. Maybe I should simply pull myself up by the socks and tell myself off for being a muppet! It's hard when you're surrounded by skinny girls all day, you sort of get sucked in.

I'm shocked you think I look smaller than a 6 though....I'd never have thought that.

:)
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Just for reference, people in the US usually don't write "yoghurt", "tinned tuna" or "semi-skimmed milk". That's how I knew (aside from the fact that she felt she was already small) that OP meant UK size 8.