Quick! Talk me off the ledge!

Options
So it's 9:18pm, the kids and the husband are asleep and the stupid pantry is calling my name...."Lisaaaaa....Lisaaaa..Come to me. I have chips!" I am literally sitting here giving my pantry the finger every 2 mins. If I had a peeping Tom they'd totally run away from the window thinking I'm a deranged lunatic. LOL!

I. AM. NOT. GOING. TO. CAVE!!!!!!

Replies

• WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Eat some ice chips!!! Go to bed! Go for a walk!!!! Don't go to the pantry.

(Your post has me laughing hysterically!)
  • aviduser
    aviduser Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Eat a piece of fruit instead.
  • mmnichol
    mmnichol Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Think about summer coming!
  • drewangela
    Options
    Drink some water. It will help take away the urge. Just remember, it's not worth it. You will feel bad afterwards. Our minds play crazy tricks on us. Are you really hungry? Most likely not. Your are just a little bored and the pantry, in the past, has been the place to go in times like these. Remember not to go into complete deprivation mode. I allow myself an indulgence here and there as long as it fits into my calories for the day. STay strong!!
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth! It helps because then nothing tastes good!
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Sensible advice: have some celery sticks and a low-fat dip, or else an apple or something, brush your teeth, have a bath, go to bed.

Drastic advice: open the bag of chips, take one out, and pour the rest into the garbage, or the toilet. Eat the one chip. Give the ruined chips the finger. How DARE they!?!
  • scd78
    scd78 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Forget about that pantry! Go join that hubby of yours in bed ;)
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options

hahaha - I have had a few people tell me this - great trick really!
  • rsonthelake
    rsonthelake Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Happy thoughts....think happy thoughts. Forget about that pantry, that evil pantry that holds all the evil food! Come down off the ledge, walk away slowly.

Seriously, get a nice cup of hot tea, or a piece of fruit.

You've got alot of good suggestions,

Goog Luck
  • meeshers
    meeshers Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    look at before and after pics here on mfp while drinking some water or herbal tea :) you can do it!!
  • resptech97
    Options
    So it's 9:18pm, the kids and the husband are asleep and the stupid pantry is calling my name...."Lisaaaaa....Lisaaaa..Come to me. I have chips!" I am literally sitting here giving my pantry the finger every 2 mins. If I had a peeping Tom they'd totally run away from the window thinking I'm a deranged lunatic. LOL!

I. AM. NOT. GOING. TO. CAVE!!!!!!

I SO know what you are talking about! I have been wanting to snack all day long today! I have done very good despite that fact. My husband helped me to remember how far I have come by sending me a picture of me before I lost weight! That did the trick! He at first told me to drink some water and go to bed. So I thought it was funny that some others have said that on here too! But water just wasnt going to do it for me! It wasnt that I was hungry. If I had been hungry then yes that water would have helped. But I just wanted to snack!! Think of the reason you want to lose weight! Just remind yourself of that!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    :laugh: bahahahahah!!! do you have any squash? if so cut it really thin and bake it with a little seasoning for about 5 mins...just as good as chips and only about 45 cals!!!! mmmmmm or the next time you go to the store get some special k chips!!---27 chips for only 110 calories :wink:
  • LizzieBrayden
    Options
    Reward yourself a different way: A hot bath, a little music, and a wonderfully warm cup of tea (unsweetened, of course). Or take in a good book, watch that movie they won't shut up during, but stay away from the pantry....it is NOT your friend.

Lizzie
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Forget about that pantry! Go join that hubby of yours in bed ;)

That's a GREAT suggestion <3<3
  • zoelowe99
    zoelowe99 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    DON'T DO IT!!!! Down some water and go to bed....good luck! Remember.....nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    this is the best idea i have ever heard!
  • JAYRFOXY1
    JAYRFOXY1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ready ?.. GO IN THE PANTRY get the chips ...open them and spill them in the garbage ... through them away with that craving or it will be back tomorrow ... get rid of them with the thought that they are in there ... then drink a nice big cup of water and smile

jasmin
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Paint your nails...can't break into a bag of chips with wet nails :)
  • nightbird1103
    nightbird1103 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I looove the idea of the squash chips, but I know I don't want to "cook up" a snack late at night. I know this may sound wierd, but you're probably wanting something crunchy and salty. I usually slice up an apple and grind some sea salt on top. Golden delicious or gala work great because of the combo of salty and sweet.

Good luck. When I get crazy I try to come to bed and check out the success stories here.
  • bslclay
    bslclay Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    IALMAO!

But seriously, listen to the advice given here... I really like the one about throwing away the chips and then giving them the finger. Put them down the dish disposal or smash them into tiny pieces and then throw them away. Who really needs them anyway? You can be stronger than the pantry calling your name! Can't wait to hear what you did...