Shakeology

Someone on my Facebook became a coach this year, and does a lot of promoting/selling of this product through their personal Facbeook page. I see Shakeology stuff on my FB on the daily, but cannot bring myself to delete this person since I've learned to deal with the coaching/selling posts. They just posted this link to an article about how a coach affords Shakeology each month.

http://www.shakeology.com/blogs/2014/10/01/coach-can-afford-shakeology-single-mom/?SHAKEOLOGY_CART_ID=0?TRACKING=SOCIAL_SHK_FB

Wondering what everyone's thoughts and opinions were on this article, and some of the claims made in it.

Replies

• libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Personally, I am not a fan of any shake. I think it is possible to get the nutrients that you need from the food you eat.

However, I do share some things in common with the woman that needs to support her Shakeology habit. The money I save goes into my savings account...

I do stream things from the internet. I no longer pay for cable.

I don't buy fancy coffee.

I don't eat out.

I make all of meals from scratch.
  • jlbear1
    jlbear1 Posts: 9 Member
    I drink Shakeology every morning. I struggle to get in all of my protein on a daily basis, unless I drink a protein shake. Shakeology does provide me with the nutrients that I need on a daily basis.

Because I love Shakeology and drink it at least 5-6 mornings per week, I have signed up to be a Beachbody coach -- only so I can get the discount on my own products that I purchase. I do not post on my facebook wall about BB products, as I do not want to push my family and friends to buy the products. I'm a coach with BB for myself only, to get the discounts on the Shakeology and workouts that I purchase. If you're considering purchasing Shakeology, you can also consider signing up as a coach so you can get the discount on their products.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    I wouldn't spend a dime on that stuff. I buy my protein shakes and bars at Walmart, Superstore and Costco for a fraction of the price and get my nutrition from the foods I eat.

Edited to add more.
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Buy protein powder. Eat kale. Save money.